Another Collection Stolen

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Very sorry to hear what happend, although its nice to hear what happend exactly, directly from you Deborah.
Hearing you lost many personal items, wich can't be replaced is imo worse then the financial loss, wich will be covered (or big part) from the insurance.

I don't see the point why thieves would take the memory stcks, as it's hold no value to them whatever.
Hope they do their research on your SW collection and try to sell it once they realise how much these items are worth, because that would be a way to get them once these get spotted for sale.

Wish you guys al the best and hope the new house brings you more luck and you can leave this bad experience behind you.

benny100

Sith Lord
Just wanted to add how sorry I am for your terrible luck, really hope you get them back swiftly as unlikely as that may seem right now.
Loads of us will be keeping an eye out so fingers crossed for you.

TheGent

Jedi Master
Dit is echt jammer, niet alleen om de SW, maar ook jouw huwelijksfotos!?
Ik weet niet, of een regulaire verzekering kennis heeft van de waarde van oude SW speelgoed, maar ik wens jullie het best en dat er miesschien iets weer terug komt.

All the best from Germany, very close to the Dutch border.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
I have been the victim of a house burglary before so I can appreciate just how your dealing Deborah, one feels violated & uncomfortable in your own home, only plus side is you will soon be in a new home & can start to slowly leave that feeling behind you, our thoughts are with you at this troubling time.

For other members reading this, please have a look at this other thread & do what you can please -

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19123

jasdev999

Jedi Master
Very Sorry to hear this Deborah and it must feel awful. Besides financial loss it is very hard emotionally.

We had a break in a month back in broad daylight, apparently a team of 4 and they had the run of the house, stole all of my wife's jewellery, lot of family heirlooms, watches, cash etc etc. We felt and still feel very violated and still half expect them to come back for more :cry: .
T
hey did not take a single star wars item (ignorant or just not bothered) and did not take anything with a serial number on (some consolation).

I just learnt 2 things out of this experience and talking to people who have been burgled that you will never fully recover from this experience but will learn to count on simple blessings that life offers. Family is unharmed and that's most important thing.

Secondly just move on. Make home insurance watertight....in fact if anyone could advise on it, I would be very grateful. I have had discussions with Directline and SW collection is covered under contents insurance and I dont' need a special cover as long as I have proof of owbership ie a video. Security...I am planning to invest in Smartwater..it is a DNA imprinted fluid which can be marked on any possession and stays on it for 5 years and is traceable. They give you stickers that can be put on the property and burglars usually tend to avoid homes with these on. It is an annual membership of GBP 88 per year.

Any other advise will be greatly appreciated.

....and hang in there Deb :) You never know your items might get recovered..it does happen. :)

rob71

Sith Lord
Sorry I haven't checked in for a while so just saw this thread, its absolutely sickening. Hanging is too good for people who do this. I've got my fingers crossed that you will have some good luck and at least some of your collection may be recovered.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom