Always told I was good with my hands

Hooch

Jedi Knight
Hi guys and girls
Not exactly a limelight but thought I would share a few things I have been tinkering with lately and the Showcase seemed like the best part for it

As some know I love the Ewoks. I had a few slides but they just looked dark and wanted something better to show them off more. I made this up for them from bits I bought. Top row looks darker in the pic than it does in person and the LED is not fixed in place yet. I took that pic after its 'power up' test but very happy with how it looks
002593.JPG

I picked up this display box from Ikea but they only come in smooth white paint
I went to my local hardware and bought some Hammer Effect paint to give it some texture
001617.JPG

lejackal

Grand Master
Looking good mate, what have you saved a space for in the display box? Loose production piece or another prototype?

plantainman

Jedi Master
SAVORY100 said:
Slide display looks great, always fancied some slides, but never knew how I'd display them... till now!

Agree, The slides look awesome in the acrylic and LED behind, nice work!

lejackal said:
Looking good mate, what have you saved a space for in the display box? Loose production piece or another prototype?

Yes, tell us? surely another prototype/first shot for a touch of special?

Hooch

Jedi Knight
Cheers guys
I had some time off work before Christmas and tackled these to keep me busy. Hardest part for me making the slide display was the channel along the bottom for the LED but now I have done it once its easy enough
plantainman said:
SAVORY100 said:
Slide display looks great, always fancied some slides, but never knew how I'd display them... till now!

Agree, The slides look awesome in the acrylic and LED behind, nice work!

lejackal said:

Yes, tell us? surely another prototype/first shot for a touch of special?
As for the spare spot I will probably grab a loose production fig just to fill the gap but would love to replace the carded with a proof card if I ever find one

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
The slide display is a work of art, mate. And I love the hammerite on the frame. Never thought of doing that and it's works perfectly. Idea officially stolen.

Hooch

Jedi Knight
Hi guys and girls
Bit of a update on one of the displays. Went and splashed on some LED's for the display case and think it turned out pretty sweet
LED's are remote controlled and powered by a battery pack that I placed on the back of the unit so no wiring across the room
Only thing I needed to do was make a small grove so the wiring wouldn't get pinched when closing the front panel

004468.JPG

Lights were cheap and easily available on ebay. Here is a link to the ones I bought if anyone is interested in doing something similar http://www.ebay.com/itm/252670979713?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=551603168413&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Vin3po

Jedi Knight
Those look excellent.

Love the slide display , I really need to find some better way to display mine , I have quite a few mind you.

I am sure I have an odd Ewok one I could Trade you for that bottom 3po R2 one. I don't see any Ewoks in it :lol:

Love the frame with the Prototye modern one also very nice paint job.

Cheers

Vince

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom