AFA graded valuation??

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
nien numpty said:
Honestly? I expected some advice. That was my reason for posting.
If what I wrote provoked you, then I cant imagine what your like on a night out, with a few beers inside you.

Normal I think. There are some photos here if you would like to know.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20563&start=315

nien numpty

Youngling
Look guys, ive taken everything on board youve said, thanks for your time.
Hopefully next time we meet, it will be more pleasurable!
Cheers

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Differences of opinion are human nature, it is only through conversation, debate and sometimes argument that one can take stock and evaluate a standpoint.

I for one totally am against U grading, and disagree vehemently with it, but as demonstrated through this thread it has become almost conciliatory and both sides of the argument have been debated.

Fervour and passion attributed to the hobby by collectors, will only serve to enhance and serve the hobby for future generations, knowledge is a powerful ally.

It is a shame that the OP " dived in" unintentionally I'm sure, and that would only serve to incite those that are against U grading.

The fact that you are re evaluating your perception of u grading is highly commendable and fantastic to hear.

Life will always present us with an opportunity to learn, it is a matter of personal choice in regard to changing opinion based on facts and a greater understanding.

May I make a suggestion? That you post some pictures of your vintage collection on the forum, you will see then what underlying ethos of this forum has to offer.

There is always an opportunity to turn a negative into a positive by all parties.

Best regards and good luck with your decision :wink:

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
One of the things that gets my back up straight away is the OP first question about value. Though the OP claims innocence in the matter. Just that query immediately makes think:

01: you UGrade and don't know simple market values. Therefore it's leads me to believe that you have absolutely no idea about the complexitys of rarity of any figures that could potentially UGraded. This includes, though to a much lesser extent cut cards.

02: That this wont bother you anyway as you have highlighted a ugraded Luke Stirmtrooper who is notoriously expensive to by on any of the MOCs available and I am sure that many collectors would high prize a Luke Stormtrooper MOC in almost any condition.

nien numpty

Youngling
Hi guys.
Almost 2 years on from my post asking for a valuation on some U graded figures , and trying to defend U grading (to a certain degree,damaged/cut cards etc) just decided to repost to let you know how far I've come in those 2 years. Every single U graded figure i owned has been sold,23 of which i decided to crack open from the AFA case. I sent them to UKG for grading. I know graded stuff isnt everyones thing,but its mine,so thats 23 U grades taken out of circulaton.
I saw the errors of my ways,and did all i could to atone for those errors. Just to let you all know that i listemed to your advice/criticism,and i am now actively discouraging U grades,as you did 2 years ago. I can only pay great credit and respect to you guys for standing up for what you believe in,and want you to know that i now back your cause. Happy collecting guys! And thank you!

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
That's fantastic to hear, looking back on this thread, time taken and equanimity are a credit to you .

Mistakes and errors are a human trait,
At speed we rush in order hunger to sate,
This may result in a decision that we regret,
As on a blinkered path our course is blindly set,
But to take on words of passion and ire,
Will to others of that mind entreat and inspire,
To tarry a while and to contemplate,
The effect on others with the choices we make,
In this approach then we most certainly can,
See that actions, not words , are the measure of a man.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Interesting way to deal with them. I would have perhaps sold them as they were to potentially stop 23 more Mocs being taken out of circulation but it must have been a tough decision.

Nice of you to come back, and I'm glad you have come to your own conclusions. U grading is an emotive subject and sometimes it seems that those who don't like the practice have that mob mentality but it's only because they have the best interests of the hobby at heart.

I don't know how others see it but I personally feel u grading is on the decline. Maybe it's the high prices these days or maybe it's gone underground but you certainly see less than you did years ago.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom