Advice on chewbacca figure on the bay

Stuarte76

Youngling
Hi guys, been looking at 150703314161 on eBay and I think it could be fake, any advise would be appreciated, the seller has a few items up for sale and I don't want to get caught out. Thanks guys Stu

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Dark Sith Lord said:
Could you post a link mate? :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150703314161?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp3984.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D150703314161%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1#ht_500wt_1288

I will refrain from an answer as I know sod all about carded or how to spot a fake.

Though I can't see a waffle seal clearly, always worth asking the seller for additional photos, particularly of the seal - just my 2p worth

e30318is

Sith Lord
Two things that look wrong-
The text in the circle under LP
The offset of the boarders on the card.

Edited as I really am not sure. Lack of description is a worry though.

itfciain

Grand Master
The card does look quite light but the sticker residue is a positive. As Frank says, why not ask the seller for some more info on the card

itfciain

Grand Master
e30318is said:
I actually don't like the sticker- i reckon it's a plant ;)

Ha ha - the old double bluff eh

I don't mind the sticker - if you look closely it does look like there is a little bit of price label left. What is interesting is the price - £2.20 with a day or so to go means that that there is not a lot of love for it

Badderius

Jedi Knight
Kinda hard with the photo taken, also the description always puts me off when its just a few words, especially when they are trying to sell a 12 Back.

However due to the picture the colours look slightly off, and the "LP" seems wrong.

But there is some price sticker residue when look really hard, also small bit of edge wear.

But something doesnt look right, would need closer piccys tbh.

goonio

Padawan
The guy/girl is selling 3 other carded figures too - all look immaculate except for the sticker marks. I looked at the John Kellerman figure guide (bought recently off burnsy) and they look pretty spot on, but I agree with the comments posted above the colour of the card seems a bit off, almost too pale, yet the key colour behind the bubble is strong.

Ultimately if the buyers want top dollar for the sale he/she/it won't mind send you some new more detailed photos.. and definateky supply a picture if the back of the cards..

e30318is

Sith Lord
The guy has also sold graded Afa figures, and the jawa 12 back sold I think is legit as it has the alt bubble with the cardboard bubble support- that is definately legit.
Could be he unknowingly bought a repro?
Fairly sure once in hand you could tell easily though.

Stuarte76

Youngling
Thanks for your help guys, it could be worth a gamble. With such a vague description, would I be covered if it turns out to be repro?

Badderius

Jedi Knight
All depends on the price a bargain could be had, my thoughts are its a repro card...

However could just be the photo's, but the description, the "Off Colours" and the fact he would get top $ by getting it AFA/UKG graded rather than selling it the way he is seems not right.

Well worth a gamble, and yes you would be protected under Ebay rules if it does turn out to be a Repro.

Garry

itfciain

Grand Master
Having seen the Stormie with the POP cut out then I would say that all three were real - the Chewie went lowish but I think he got some decent money for the R2. It's his own fault that he didnt doa better job of advertising them !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom