15" IG-88 result

DrPittenstein

Padawan
Mega result here for a Large Size figure.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350699135709?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Does that mean the Large Size figures might be on the up again? I notice that focus collectors don't traditionally add the large size figures (I think they should) so presumably this is a bunch of Large Size collectors fighting over it?

High time the big guys had a resurgence!

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
As far as I know, ig88 is the toughest of the Kenner large size line to find and the condition of the one in the auction you linked is extremely nice so that accounts for much of it. That said, $3100 is a big chunk of change.

threaders

Padawan
I am currently collection all the 12" figs and just have Han and Leia to get now. I saw a loose IG88 on the bay go for £80 a good few months back. It was missing the grenade strap and one of the rifles :)
I think I paid $200 us for my loose complete IG88 a few years back and its definatly one of my favourite items couldnt afford the boxed prices though :)

Jedi_june

Sith Lord
Kenner large size line is growing on me. The more i look at them the more I wanna cop, especially the Boba Fett. :mrgreen: by the looks of it thou it seems I got to get my cheese up for these boxed examples.

sith-smith

Grand Master
I have 6 of them now. Already have the IG88, didn't even pay a tenth of that luckily!!

I never used to be bothered by them and had none as a kid, but they have grown on me since.

x-pack

Grand Master
Jesus Christ! two grand :shock:

Keeping hold of my R2 and 3PO. Wish my Chewie wasn't so naked.

Never saw these large figures when i was a kid. Only found out they existed in the early 90's

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Nice figure, but also very expensive :shock:

I never knew about this large figures before before I became an adult :(

Christian

Jedi Master
A classic blend of rarity + condition + genuine seller. I seem to remember a certain Pali Chewie 12bk doing quite well recently... :p

Also, check out his other auctions that finished around the same time - $2000 for C8 SW21 Fett MOC? Eh :eek:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_okw=&_oexkw=&_adv=1&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_fss=1&_fsradio=%26LH_SpecificSeller%3D1&_saslop=1&_sasl=dickbrodeur&_sop=3&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

Are we seeing another 'new film approaching' appreciation in prices for quality vintage? I'd say so - just look at what has happened to AFA 85 Kenner 12 Backs (especially 'A')- absolutely nuts.

Good luck to buyers and sellers make hay when the sun shines as if Episode VII is a much of a let down as Episode I then interest will wain again.

Cheers,
Christian

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
Christian said:
A classic blend of rarity + condition + genuine seller. I seem to remember a certain Pali Chewie 12bk doing quite well recently... :p

Also, check out his other auctions that finished around the same time - $2000 for C8 SW21 Fett MOC? Eh :eek:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_okw=&_oexkw=&_adv=1&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_fss=1&_fsradio=%26LH_SpecificSeller%3D1&_saslop=1&_sasl=dickbrodeur&_sop=3&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

Are we seeing another 'new film approaching' appreciation in prices for quality vintage? I'd say so - just look at what has happened to AFA 85 Kenner 12 Backs (especially 'A')- absolutely nuts.

Good luck to buyers and sellers make hay when the sun shines as if Episode VII is a much of a let down as Episode I then interest will wain again.

Cheers,
Christian

I know someone whos got a boxed 12" IG88 in as delicious quality eh Christian :)

DrPittenstein

Padawan
over £500 for his 15" Darth Vader and C-3PO?!

Mine weren't factory sealed but I couldn't get more than £70 on ebay!

As a consolation I did buy a very nice IG88 and Boba Fett for much less. Thought it was a bit punchy at the time but they both made AFA80 and are winging their way towards me as we speak.

I have both Denys Fisher Han Solo and Princess Leia (plus Palitoy Leia) both MISB available to buy.

It's time for the Large Size figures to Strike Back!

Christian

Jedi Master
... and how I wish it were sealed Jamie! Hey ho.

DrP - I recall seeing your MISB 12"'ers (oooo misses) at FF2 - some quality stock indeed. Hope to see you at FF3 as well.

Good luck with your sales.

Regards,
Christian

fuzzybuzzytoys said:
Christian said:

Cheers,
Christian

I know someone whos got a boxed 12" IG88 in as delicious quality eh Christian :)

Christian

Jedi Master
DrPittenstein said:
Cheers.

Are you doing acrylic cases for 12" figures yet?

Watch this space! Plans are afoot definitely for a large loose figure cases (think Action Man/12" SW etc) but not MIB currently due to the variety of sizes required and our source factory minimum order quantity being very high which would mean an investment running into £2-3K :roll:

Cheers,
Christian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom