What's your favourite run of figures?

Kayor

Padawan
theforceuk said:
Kayor said:
My dad was pretty late on that one. :lol:

Whatever it's still very cool. :lol:
Thanks man, yeah, it's a nice memory, one to treasure....
Still feels odd cause i remember freaking out seeing these new figures, getting that lot of 3 figs, and then the line 'vanished' from the shops in flash no?

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Is a very hard question to answer. My favourite environments and figures are prob Tatooine and Hoth ones and although I like all the figures it would have to be the second 8/9. They're all about Tatooine - the sandcrawler and cantina and the classic early scenes of the first film. There's something about the Death Star Droid, when you first see him in the sandcrawler and the Power Droid comes plodding out, with the music. Remember loving that bit as a kid and still do now.

Fishtalk

Jedi Knight
It's wave 2 for me also. They are all so weird and colourful, compared to the first 12. I'm convinced someone at Kenner said "we need more colour in this line" and the designers went a little crazy - Walrusman being the prime culprit, Orange, Blue and Green in an outfit that resembles nothing from the film. Plus Hammerheads electric blue vest thing, Snaggletooth and his fetching burgundy outfit, Luke in a glossy orange flight suit and of course 'green' Greedo. Only Death Star Droid lets the side down with his silver and black finish.

They were only made to complement the Cantina and Sandcrawler playsets (and the X-wing) but I love them to bits.

batman

Padawan
The last 17 is what i played with as a kid , i have good memories of me and my brother sorting through bargain bins full of tri logo's while not even knowing who most of the characters were as we had not seen the movies yet :D When they were handing out the startots at CE2 it was like nineteen eighty something all over again.

itfciain

Grand Master
MarkG said:
As a kid, it was the ROTJ set. Especially the removable helmets on Leia Poncho, Boussh & Lando Skiff.. loved that feature. (still do infact)

Yeah, I think this was my favourite line as well because of the same reason - the detailing on these figures and accessories was so amazing at the time - there weren't toys out there like them

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great question :D

ESB figures - was 8 years old and obsessed with Star Wars. Favs being the bounty hunters and Hoth figures. Happy memories of setting up Luke and Han on the roof outside my bedroom window and watching the snow build up around them :D

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I'm fond of the last wave of ESB figures. They're the first run where I was really concious of NEW figures coming out and wondering who the hell some of them were with their curious insect heads.

Bonus nostalgia points added if there's a blue Bounty Hunter Offer circle on them.

itfciain

Grand Master
Be interesting to see the age demographics for this - I bet the 'older' lads have much more attachment to the first 12 because they were their first toys, whereas the younger chaps probably had ESB or ROTJ for their first SW toys (new) and were only handed down the first 12/21

sith-smith

Grand Master
The first 12 for me definitely. That's where it all started for me in the late 70's

But I do like the first 1o ESB figures too 8)

yoda

Sith Lord
ESB what I grew up with. Aways begging and hoping my mum would buy me a new figure anytime I was ever near them in a shop!
Unfortunately never got that many but will make up for it now :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom