Whats the groups though on a repro R2 decal?

Dave_S

Padawan
Hi all, I bought this R2 sensorscope recently with a rather scratched decal. Just wondering what you'd do..keep as it is, or put a repro decal on?. I can see the appeal of putting a new one on, to make it tidy, but then it's not all 'original'...thoughts please.

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_20220618_091046.jpg
    IMG_20220618_091046.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 41

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Last time I looked you can pick up a nice original figure for ÂŁ15-20, so I would just buy another one if you're not happy with the condition. Putting a repro sticker on it basically makes it worthless.

Mosh

Padawan
Go for the decal if you like the look of it. I reckon it is not about it having some monetary value, but about you being happy with it. Perhaps later you will stumble upon another better kept. And if not, well, it will not be the end of the world. Just do as you please.

jayums

Jedi Master
I know minty vintage R2s aren't cheap anymore. I know R2 is being released as part of the retro line in the near future, so if you want a shiny new and virtually identical one at an affordable price, then that's not a bad shout.

Personally I'd keep your one as it is because it's vintage - it is what it is . A perfect white repro sticker might stand out like a sore thumb given the yellowing of the plastic and chrome wear in the photo, so the end result might not look as good as you'd expect it to.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom