What do you look for to send figures to be graded?

sc77

image.jpg

What I'm thinking is sending some of my figures to be graded, I can't see any marks on this one or the weapon and some parts of the figure still has little bits where the plastic joins like dead thin wavy bits.
obviously they're played with so the limbs aren't super stiff but I'm wondering am I wasting £20 or is it worth a try?
Thsnks

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Why do you want to grade it? Are you going to keep it, or is it with a view to sell it for a higher price? Not really worth doing for the price unless it achieves a grade of 80+. Lower than that and it could actually lower the price.

DarthStanley

Sith Lord
Supporter
The main things that bring the grade down are paint loss,discoloration,loose limbs & any noticeable factory defects like paint over/underspray.Be prepared to be disappointed/surprised though as I've sent in really mint figures thinking they'd get 90 gold grades only for them to get 85s & got 90 grades for ones that I thought would get 85s.I've been disappointed more times than I've been surprised! :LOL:

If you're in the UK then use UKG or if you're in the USA then you've got AFA or CAS.UKG's website is really easy to order from where AFA's is really complicated (I had to watch a YouTube video on how to do it),I've never used CAS but think their website is quite easy to use.AFA seem to be a lot stricter than UKG speaking from experience & UKG have at least a 12 week turnaround time & AFA can be longer!

Hope this helps! (y)

sc77

Thanks , it's that I've seen people wanting £150+ (£350 graded) for a figure that's not as good as mine. The hood on the ewok looks mouldy, scuffs on the back paint chips etc. Definitely gonna try it any way ( the marks aren't noticeable unless you zoom in the pics) most figures look ok but I suppose there are figures for sale at high prices then there's figures that have sold for high prices. Just because it's £150,230 etc doesn't mean it's gonna sell I suppose!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Don't think UKG are accepting any submissions at the moment and it will cost more than £20 to send it abroad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom