wanted - tie fighter

gustie

Sith Lord
i know i asked about the different tie fighters but forgot which is which lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STARWARS-LARGE-TIE-FIGHTER-24X-22-CM-MAYBE-VINTAGE_W0QQitemZ330272964896QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330272964896&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

what is this one???

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Be careful Gustie, that looks like the modern POTF example. Its very similar but the solar panels are moulded plastic rather than stickers and theres no light on the front or motor. The vintage version is also more blue than grey :wink:

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Darth Wensleydale said:
Be careful Gustie, that looks like the modern POTF example. Its very similar but the solar panels are moulded plastic rather than stickers and theres no light on the front or motor. The vintage version is also more blue than grey :wink:

You could be correct. The picture is not the best. Also the POTF one has no sounds, no extending battery compartment at the back of the ship and of course no little blinky red light on the face of the ship. The more I look at this one the more I think it is the modern one.

burnsy

Sith Lord
hmmmm, not sure though. The more I look at it the more I think it may be vintage. With the person selling it saying he thinks it 'may' be vintage sounds a bit iffy

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
****ing hard to tell from that **** photo. If your interested email him and ask for a few more photos then we can give you a proper answer.

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
compare and contrast :wink:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Star-Wars-Battle-Damaged-Tie-Fighter_W0QQitemZ190187681420QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Actually the biggest give away is the lack of the red light on the front and the fact that the window frame is painted on the modern one that Gustie found.

sith-smith

Grand Master
I think actually you could be right.

I'm on a better monitor now (not one of the shitty ones at school) though it's still hard to tell about the light on the front, still isn't showing up clearly.

However now I'm home I've dug out my modern one (yes I know i do have some modern stuff.....It was a moment of weakness)

So I'm going to change to modern. I'd thought the molding on the solar panels was more prominent, but looking at it close up it isn't as much as I thought.

snagbar

Jedi Knight
ask them what's on the date stamp.
i'm sure they used the the same moulds that produced the vintage ,
but had to change the date to show year of manufacture!!!!!!!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom