Luke Hoth Production and Preproduction stuff page 3 update 19/11/22

Vernon

Jedi Knight
As a bit of a side line I've got a pre-production Luke Hoth focus.

Luke Hoth was my first SW figure - from my Dad (RIP).

Pre%20Production%202D%20and%203D%20031_zps1hxauwg2.jpg

Pre%20Production%202D%20and%203D%20009_zpsqprl5txm.jpg

Pre%20Production%202D%20and%203D%20002_zpsxylentea.jpg

Pre%20Production%202D%20and%203D%20026_zpste1vqad1.jpg

Pre%20Production%202D%20and%203D%20018_zpsvhhznslz.jpg

(Many thanks to Grant for a couple of great deals)

Would love to add to this if anyone can help?

Cheers.

sith-smith

Grand Master
That's a very impressive collection of Luke Hoth Preproduction.

And a good choice of figure on which to focus.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Really liking pre production stuff at the moment. Nice to have a bit of history of the figure's process before it reaches the shops.

Great stuff Vernon.

Vernon

Jedi Knight
Cheers! Took me a while to come up with a figure focus but I think I made the right decision!
Grant - very happy with the alt paint example....just a production colour to go now (missed out on one just before C7 :cry: ).

Christian

Jedi Master
Vernon - superb preproduction collection of a great character - I especially like the Alternate Paint Scheme FS.

Ben - as for the unpainted FS - there are few bagged examples around so I suspect that at some stage this one was taken from a baggie:

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=48401

Mr-shifter said:
Nice collection.

How come the non painted first shot has a U grade? did it come off a sample card or something?

Still a great piece for sure.

All the best.
Regards,
Christian

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Great character, great run of stuff. I was also going to ask about the U grade figure before I saw the previous answer, I've never seen that baggie before and didn't even know First shots could be found like that. Still lots to learn :D

Vernon

Jedi Knight
Christian said:
Vernon - superb preproduction collection of a great character - I especially like the Alternate Paint Scheme FS.

Ben - as for the unpainted FS - there are few bagged examples around so I suspect that at some stage this one was taken from a baggie:

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=48401

Mr-shifter said:
Nice collection.

How come the non painted first shot has a U grade? did it come off a sample card or something?

Still a great piece for sure.

All the best.
Regards,
Christian

Not 'U' graded by me...I promise!

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Vernon said:

Ha. No accusation or disproval there mate. I was genuinely curious. I think Christian hit the nail on the head though.

It poses an interesting question though. Is it wrong to remove an unpainted first shot from a baggie? Now, I would consider it to be an important piece in the pre prod and development of a figure, and as we know first shots were never meant to be available to the general public, so would have only been sealed in the baggie for internal posting. Would there be any difference in removing it from the baggie or removing it from an envelope?

What would peoples thoughts be on this?

Joe

Grand Master
Vernon - nice Luke Hoth pre-prod! Thanks for sharing + cool to see where some of Grant's lovely old run ended up!

Mr-Shifter - There have been some discussions about this kind of thing in the past and there are definitely people out there that aren't that fussed when a first shot is removed from a Kenner bag if the owner intends to display it loose (especially if it was tape sealed or open) and naturally those that feel they should stay together. Personally, I think I'd have a hard time opening a sealed bagged first shot (however bad it displayed) but I would probably take a first shot out of an open bag for display purposes (yet keep them together).

Whatever opinion you have, I think AFA adding the U to a pre-production piece is pretty moronic though, even if it was removed from some form of packaging. If the U is meant to stand for "uncirculated" (AFA's copycat term taken from coin grading companies, meant to indicate the piece has not been used or distributed to the general public) then surely a pre-production/prototype is by nature already "uncirculated", no? Sure, a few ended up in the hands of Kenner employees kids but the vast majority were never meant to be released to the public or set foot anywhere near toy shops.. :roll:

Grant

Sith Lord
Just to chime in. When I originally owned the Unpainted Luke Hoth FS it also came to me U graded. At some point someone had it graded in the past. Right or wrong most likely the bag was trashed or ****ed looking but not burst so then it was likely opened and cased up. I believe AFA don't U grade items from taped sealed bags as tape can be ****ed with. I'm not 100% on this but I believe this is the case. Just my 2 pence worth.

spoons

Grand Master
Really great run Vernon and great character - despite owning at least three loose ones if never noticed he has goggles round his neck before - nice sculpt

Vernon

Jedi Knight
Mr-shifter said:
Vernon said:

Ha. No accusation or disproval there mate. I was genuinely curious. I think Christian hit the nail on the head though.

It poses an interesting question though. Is it wrong to remove an unpainted first shot from a baggie? Now, I would consider it to be an important piece in the pre prod and development of a figure, and as we know first shots were never meant to be available to the general public, so would have only been sealed in the baggie for internal posting. Would there be any difference in removing it from the baggie or removing it from an envelope?

What would peoples thoughts be on this?

Good question and Ive never really thought of it that way.
Personally I wouldn't remove a FS from a baggie because I would want to preserve the figure as was, but I can understand people doing this as the aesthetics (display wise) can be lost.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Amazing pieces and as far as I know AFA wont U Grade taped items or grade as MISB items that have been double taped.

Latest posts

Top Bottom