Toy Fairs

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Hi everyone.
has anyone got any great Toy Fairs/Antique and Collectors fairs which they could recommend to me?????
You see I saw there was a new Toy Fair starting at Donnington Park on the 9th october. This would be my first fair and I am wondering whether to try it or not guys. Any advice would be much apprciated. Thanks Liam

spoons

Grand Master
Toy fairs can be really hit and miss. Some have loads of Dinky cars and train sets and not a lot elase, whilst others have tons of vintage star wars - not sure about Donnington

spoons

Grand Master
no problem Liam, November's Memorabilia at the NEC is always good. I'm just up the road from you in Sheffield, but I've yet to find anything decent round here

Rich.b

Padawan
I used to go to Donnington regular and as Spoons says it was very hit and miss, with it's location it was always geared more to the die-cast vehicle collectors but you could find the occasional gem.
The fair at the NEC still has a decent amount of SW as well as other assorted vintage goodness and is worth a visit if you're about.

e30318is

Sith Lord
I remember a guy posting on the boards about a mego Superman he found- I think it was a partial reseal- paid £10 for it from a dealer, a sealed moc sold for thousands so he was chuffed.
I have been to the hereford one twice and it was depressing- mainly trains and diecast. The only Star Wars was expensive loose beaters.

You never know your luck though :wink:

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
The last fair I wen to was at sandown racecourse. Quite a bit af vintage stuff there, more than I would have expected. Toy fairs nowadays are no where near as good for star wars stuff as they were 10 - 15 years ago. My dad used to take us to Kempton Park and it was always rammed packed with Star Wars and all other kinds of vintage toys. Shame e-bay has killed the Toy Fair really!! :(

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
the last toy fair I went to was about 6 years ago at Ricoh Arena in Coventry. It was full of train sets and ****ing cuddly toys!

The only star wars item I found was a POTF Moff Tarkin (green card) that was £10 but it did come in an oscar case so that was the only thing I bought that day!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom