Today on Facebook...

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I have four yodas. All visibly different.

I know edd doesn't buy into this variant stuff but I have a simple and unfallible variant test. I put them both in front of my wife. If she can tell the difference without me prompting her, then it's a variant. If she can't, it's not. Simple.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Another non fan of variants here, but this....

Mr-shifter said:
I have a simple and unfallible variant test. I put them both in front of my wife. If she can tell the difference without me prompting her, then it's a variant. If she can't, it's not. Simple.

I can accept as variants. It's the "raised bar" gubbins that gets me. I swear I remember a member on here boasting about having a figure with "raised bar, but not quite as raised as my other raised bar..." when it gets to the stage where you have to turn the figure round and look ridiculously closely at the back of it to tell the difference, it aint no variant, YOU JUST NEED TO GET OUT MORE!!!!!

Cloth/Vinyl cape, yes fine. Large head small head, again yes. Raised bar COO's, I'm looking at you strangely. Raised but not quite as raised as the other raised bar, I'm phoning the guys to come help you fasten your coat up at the back. :lol:

Each to their own, but some of the "variants" people find are just ****ing daft.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
poncho said:
wrighty said:
There was recently a 'bird leg' Biker Scout!! :shock:
thats the no coo skinny legged one. ive no idea where bird leg phrase came from

Birds legs are skinny. Instead of calling it skinny legs they decided to call it bird legs.

In much the same way they refer to me as horse dick.....

itfciain

Grand Master
Mr-shifter said:
poncho said:
wrighty said:
There was recently a 'bird leg' Biker Scout!! :shock:

Birds legs are skinny. Instead of calling it skinny legs they decided to call it bird legs.

You have the dick part right :lol:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
Mr-shifter said:
poncho said:

You have the dick part right :lol:

Shhhh, Iain 6 fingers.

xbomber

Padawan
Mr-shifter said:
mumbo said:
xbomber said:
I did see a regular poster called Giles earlier today on echo base start spouting about "killing muzzie bastards and dumping their bodies in the sewers" and unsurprisingly starting a shitstorm.

Cue offended people going ape **** and removing themselves.

I think I may stay off social media a while. As if the world's not depressing enough, every moron now has a platform.

Not the first time he's spouted bigoted views either.

Can someone point me in the direction of the screenshots please.

The guy in question is a little awkward socially and possibly a little autistic imo, which goes a small way to explaining behavioural traits.

Looks like he's quit the group and Facebook. He had a few people having a go and walked away.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Luke Jedi £52 + P&P!
TFP £25

Also can't get over how much Jawas have gone through the roof in the last few months- seen some getting on for £50! A year ago Jawas were £15-20.

wrighty

Sith Lord
Cardbackkid said:
wrighty said:
USD$6k for a Palitoy Jawa AFA 85

Is that the going rate for one now days?

One sold at this price doesn't make it market value. It wasn't too long ago an ungraded one sold on eBay for £2k+ when we thought that was overpriced and this happened!! :eek:

wrighty

Sith Lord
Wow!! :shock:

Attachments

• IMG_1817.PNG
    IMG_1817.PNG
    76.5 KB · Views: 202

lejackal

Grand Master
I'd struggle to see this as a budget option even if it was factory sealed!

Attachments

• TOFB1.png
    TOFB1.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 133

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Yep. That's bullshit. There are a lot of case fresh dsc s doing the rounds at £700 or £800 if you want one with 2 blasters.

I think if you are patient then you should be able to get a nice sealed one for £600 or less.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Translates as "trying to upgrade from a reseal to a sealed one for free at your expense"

lejackal

Grand Master
Thing is I can actually see him having paid something similar and someone else who doesn't know any better thinking it's a bargain. I know it should be buyer beware but this sort of thing really gets on my tits

lejackal

Grand Master
And this ladies and gentlemen is how you answer a question about the cost of a U grade figure.....
IMG_0287.PNG

I rest my case

Top Bottom