The Vintage Rebellion Episode 86 Launched

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
facbook86.jpg

Episode 86: Star Wars and Hutch - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast

The lads are in a nostalgic mood this month with a look back at Celebration Europe 3, which was 5 years ago this month. Panels, exhibits, costumes, celebs, swag and socials are all reminisced.

Some great new acquisitions are discussed, from the team and elsewhere, and there's a feisty Action Figure Face-Off - can anyone beat The Fett?

In Rebel Briefings the team discusses the sale of the podcast's spiritual home the Star Wars Forum U.K., celebrates the launch of the Variant Villain website, notes the sad deterioration in the health of Star Wars author JW Rinzler, and looks forward to the first big U.K. collecting event post-Covid, Echo Live.

For the Licensee section the boys take a trip to the land down under, and look at the Toltoys releases in Australia and New Zealand, making some surprising discoveries along the way.

This month's main interview guest is our very own Richard Hutchinson who unbelievably up til now has never had a feature interview. The lads discuss flat caps, whippets, R5-D4, Celebrations, the Expanded Universe and how not to get beaten up in the frozen North.

All this with the regular banter and bluster, look out for the podcast in the normal places.

https://youtu.be/JWUK94YFfVc

Last edited:

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Thanks for the shout out on my latest addition to my collection the Han solo in carbonite.

I dont mind telling you I paid £240 for it and I have tried to do some research into this one and from what I could gather there where around one thousand made around 96/97 .

There are kits on eBay you can purchase as a DIY but I wouldnt have had the time or the space to have done it myself.

Pete I do visit the shop every now and then so if he has another I will let you know.

Great podcast as always cheers guys.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Out of interest have you got a photo of Han? Sounds like the illusive concepts one.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Thanks guys for another show, what a great reminisce on celebration 2016.
it's a strange coincidence that I have compl my 2016 vehicle medallions run including the display star destroyer.
i never realised that the A wing was so difficult to pick up.

5042D003-BE17-44A4-9C26-075EE28CB3B6.jpeg4EC4CFC7-C1FF-4490-94FC-14AC72E89F33.jpeg

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
I normally listen to the Vintage Rebellion on long car journeys and during lockdown haven't been on any, so got a little behind...

It's been a great pleasure catching up with them all, and I wanted to say a well done on not just this episode but the last four or five.

I think the new group of podcasters have found their feet, and I particularly enjoy the vintage figure face-off section.

Well done Spoons for bigging up Klaatu Skiff (and for mentioning my Palitoy hardcopy) and winning against some very stiff competition!

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, I really enjoy the action figure face off, although I'm not sure Jason has fully grasped the concept!

Loved the look back at CE3 - brought back lots of memories. Was such a great event. I took both my sons and my nephews and we had s brilliant day. Will definitely do at least two days next time, as one just isn't enough.

The discussion re: FB/SWFUK was interesting. This place is still going strong, despite a lot of people jumping ship to FB. It's horses for courses, but it's very easy to get wrapped up in the immediacy of FB and forget just how great the forums continue to be. Well worth investing the time on here!

Last edited:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
With no commuting any more I haven't listened to any podcasts since last year, but on a trip to London last week I listened to the first hlaf of this latest episode. I really enjoyed the Celebration chat having been there and witnessing much of what was discussed. I always find it funny and fascinating how good some people's memories are, like Jason remembering which panel he got each coin from and which one was the hardest to find! I just remember going to some panels and getting some coins :ROFLMAO:

And it was also good to hear you all chatting about your memories of the forum, glad it's still a part of people's hearts even if they have moved on to other platforms.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great to hear Richard's memories of growing up in the north East. Like a trip down memory lane with all the beatings and violence. I was more of a Fenwick's in Newcastle visitor but nice to think we were collecting at the same areas. I'm surprised to hear Richard is a Prisoner Cell Bloch H fan? Plus I've never heard a Geordie say "Spiffing" before!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom