Teeth Grinding problems ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Sorry, no I've never ground my teeth, but I have heard that mouth guards can help if you wear one while you sleep.
I have now had the problem in about 1 year and I have mouth guards. But it only protect my teeth on some of them. But it does not fix the problem to stop doing it.

Thanks for trying to help (y)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
My dentists said I grind my teeth years ago and I replied that I didn't think I did. I went home and mentioned it to the wife and she confirmed that I did, sometimes really badly.

The dentist told me to stop drinking caffeine after 5pm. This was probably about 15 or more years ago. I have stuck to the rule ever since and haven't had the problem for years.

About a month ago I broke the rule and had a double espresso at about 6:30pm as I had a two hour round trip that evening and didn't want to feel tired. And guess what that night I got a nudge in the night from the wife saying I was grinding my teeth.

Moral of the story is only drink caffeine when you're sleeping with your bit on the side.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
My dentists said I grind my teeth years ago and I replied that I didn't think I did. I went home and mentioned it to the wife and she confirmed that I did, sometimes really badly.

The dentist told me to stop drinking caffeine after 5pm. This was probably about 15 or more years ago. I have stuck to the rule ever since and haven't had the problem for years.

About a month ago I broke the rule and had a double espresso at about 6:30pm as I had a two hour round trip that evening and didn't want to feel tired. And guess what that night I got a nudge in the night from the wife saying I was grinding my teeth.

Moral of the story is only drink caffeine when you're sleeping with your bit on the side.

I am glad it was only caffeine for you, I wish it was the same for me.

About 1 year ago It began for me. I had inflammation in a tooth without knowing it. I talked many times with my dentist about it. But she said everything was fine with my teeth and it was stress. So I tried another dentist who also said no problems with my teeth. My doctor said I should check my eyes maybe I need glasses that can soemtimes give jaw pain. Since I have pain in all my teeth and my jaw. After a few months with pain. I found a new dentist and got something called a 3d scanning, I had never heard about that before. He said I have inflammation in the jaw around 1 tooth. I lost the tooth beacuse my old dentist would not listen to me and because I had lived with inflammation for to long time. After that everything should had been fine but the pain was still there. Now my doctor and new dentist say I grind my teeth at night when I sleep because I have been living with inflammation in my jaw for to long time. So my brain are dependent on pain for my jaw. About 1 year ago I got mouth guards. I have tried hypnosis that worked the first time so I had 4 weeks that I could sleep without mouth guards. But after that the pain got back and hypnosis does not work again so far. I have tried acupuncture that removed 95% of my pain the first time. But after months it does not remove the problem only keep the pain low. I have tried maxillofacial physiotherapist but after 2 weeks he gave up and said he could not help me. Because I grind my teeth I got inflammation a month ago in another tooth, I thought the mouth guards would protect my teeth, but I had been hitting that tooth for so many times at night with my mouth guards so the tooth got inflammation, lucky me I was fast enough this time and the dentist fixed the tooth. But I am so tired of all this grinding my teeth at night and also all this jaw pain.

I only drink caffeine in the morning. I have done that the last couple of years.

I try to google the internet about ideas for help and do a lot of jaw exercises from youtube videos. But I have still not found anything that can remove my problem.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
@Pomse2001 That sounds really debilitating Lars, I really hope you get it sorted. I don't know what else to say other than look after yourself as much as you can and don't get stressed about life in general. Health is the most important aspect, take it easy.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
@Pomse2001 That sounds really debilitating Lars, I really hope you get it sorted. I don't know what else to say other than look after yourself as much as you can and don't get stressed about life in general. Health is the most important aspect, take it easy.
Yes I know I try not to get stressed. I have found a new physiotherapist that I will try tuesday. I hope she can help :) But thanks for trying. I was just thinking maybe some on the forum had have the same problems or some on the forum knew some that have had the same problem. I can't be the only one with this problem.

Top Bottom