Storing mocs in star cases stacked on top of each other

Hod10

Padawan
Hi there,

Due to room, I need to store my mocs in star cases stacked on top of each other. The containers they are stored in allow for 2 rows of star cases, stacked 5 high each row. Does stacking them warp the card backs over time? Or should I buy more containers and store them vertical?

Cheers

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
They'll be fine, Star Cases are great for storage. As Grant says, acrylic is the ultimate though, especially on display.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Personally I think star cases are better for storage than acrylic. Don't get me wrong acrylic looks great on display, but for storage they are heavy and don't hold the cards tightly, which can lead to scratches by the rails when moved around. IMO you can't beat a star case for storage, they hold the card firmly in place with no risk of rubbing or scratching.

If space is at a premium, maybe consider Deflector DC cases instead of star cases. The protection isn't quite as good, but they are far smaller. https://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/thr...-alternative-to-star-cases.40001/#post-521359

Hod10

Padawan
Personally I think star cases are better for storage than acrylic. Don't get me wrong acrylic looks great on display, but for storage they are heavy and don't hold the cards tightly, which can lead to scratches by the rails when moved around. IMO you can't beat a star case for storage, they hold the card firmly in place with no risk of rubbing or scratching.

If space is at a premium, maybe consider Deflector DC cases instead of star cases. The protection isn't quite as good, but they are far smaller. https://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/thr...-alternative-to-star-cases.40001/#post-521359
Thanks Edd. Do you store any of yours stacked in star cases, on top of each other?

Last edited:

jayums

Jedi Master
Totally agree with Ed. Acrylic cases look awesome for display but I have inadvertently damaged cards with them through rubbing and scratching on the side rails.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Jayums, shockingly one of the joys of the forum, other than discovering Vectis , was the paper trick for sliding cards in safely .( I'm sure it was here)

jayums

Jedi Master
Jayums, shockingly one of the joys of the forum, other than discovering Vectis , was the paper trick for sliding cards in safely .( I'm sure it was here)
Thanks for the tip - I can imagine how that might work and avoid scratches when putting cards in. In my experience the cards still moved around a bit once inside the cases which scuffed them a little . BUT I moved mine around a lot in storage boxes, which was unwise. I also stacked them up and the cases scratched each other. I think acrylic looks much better for display purposes than star cards, but IMO are not so good for storage / transport in my experience, which to be fair is not what they are intended for.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom