Run of bad buying luck

lejackal

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
Thanks guys. I can normally stomach the odd cock up as you have to expect them now and then, but the millionsoftoys saga I posted about in the sellers to avoid forum recently has wasted so much of my time. I could have just let it go and saved myself some aggro, but having seen them pull the same stunt on friends in the past, and them then contacting me on here trying to prove what great sellers they are and threatening the forum with legal action (while I was on my honeymoon may I add) now I've had first-hand experience of their terrible customer service I felt I had a duty to warn others.

As you say just need a couple of cool pick ups to get me back on track hopefully!
I think this guy is local to you and well qualified in dealing with arseholes

https://themontefiorehospital.co.uk/consultants/general-surgery/marc-lamah

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Guys, I appreciate your support but please can you refrain from calling this seller names (I have had to edit a couple of posts.) I wouldn't put it past them to try and use things like that to get the posts removed, so please don't give them the satisfaction.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
My brilliant luck on eBay continues. I recently sold something and the buyer opted for click and collect. I posted it via Royal Mail, tracking says delivered. 3 weeks later he contacts me saying he didn't bother to collect it in time, and it's been sent back. I have not received it back, and as the RM tracking link says it's delivered they won't do anything. I contacted CollectPlus (who handle the Click and Collect once delivered) but apparently they can't do anything without their tracking number (I only have the RM one.) So I am bent over a barrel and have to refund the twat because he was too lazy to collect it. Hopefully it arrives back to me at some point in future, but I have no guarantee.

A bit of adivce - turn off click and collect in eBay preferences! You are basically ****ed if anything goes missing.

lejackal

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
My brilliant luck on eBay continues. I recently sold something and the buyer opted for click and collect. I posted it via Royal Mail, tracking says delivered. 3 weeks later he contacts me saying he didn't bother to collect it in time, and it's been sent back. I have not received it back, and as the RM tracking link says it's delivered they won't do anything. I contacted CollectPlus (who handle the Click and Collect once delivered) but apparently they can't do anything without their tracking number (I only have the RM one.) So I am bent over a barrel and have to refund the twat because he was too lazy to collect it. Hopefully it arrives back to me at some point in future, but I have no guarantee.

A bit of adivce - turn off click and collect in eBay preferences! You are basically ****ed if anything goes missing.
Surely that should be just like the GSP where your only responsibility is to get it to the mailing centre address? That's terrible otherwise.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, I think I'd be refusing to refund him until I got the item back. Different if he had returned and could give you a tracking number (though you are assuming he returns the item and not an empty box) but if it has been return cos he was too ****ing lazy to go and get it, then he can wait until it arrives back with you before he gets his refund. His fault the thing is returned not yours. Why should you be the one out of pocket?

It sounds to me lik he collected it and is chancing his arm, or if he hasn't my money is on it never coming back to you. Again though, why should you be out of pocket because someone else is a feckless moron.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Sorry to hear that Edd. I haven't had any experience with click & collect as a seller but as a buyer I have once and wouldn't really do it again.

Remember the buyers name and address area as to block and keep an eye out for future sales.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Well it never turned up :roll:
Surely eBay can help with this?! If they offer a Click and Collect service, the onus is on them to get the damn thing back to you! Why the hell should you be out of pocket? You sold and posted it in good faith in accordance with eBay rules, the seller couldn't be assed to collect it and so it got sent back to you, but didn't arrive. What part of that is your fault?

I'm sure you have spoken with eBay, so what did they say? If they are refusing to help, I strongly recommend going higher up the food-chain and contacting their CEO (always a good tactic in these situations I find, and the contact details are usually freely available on Google). Politely recount the facts of the situation and I'd be amazed if you didn't get a satisfactory result. However, politely add to your email that if you do not get satisfaction, you will be reluctantly forced to take the matter to BBC's Watchdog. There's not a company in the country that likes to have their name dragged through the mud on that show, and (politely!) threatening that option usually gives these companies the kick up the ass they need to finally do the right thing.

Please let us know how you get on.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
It gets better, having received his replacement, the buyer has just opened a case for a refund for the original copy that got lost :lol: I sent the replacement tracked and his name is on the signature, I wonder what eBay will do about this.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
And eBay have refunded the buyer, case closed :eek:

Warning - turn off ****ing click and collect!

ebay.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom