Royal Mail - now operating on a Sunday

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27494912

Their top 100 Sorting Offices will be open and items will be delivered to houses around the M25 area :)

Section 8

Sith Lord
I thought they'd pissed everyone off at some time or another, but I hadn't considered God.

Can chalk our Lord up on that list now.

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Don't agree with this at all. I personally don't want post or parcels delivered on a Sunday morning :x
Call me old fashioned but Sunday is becoming like any other day of the week.

Is nothing sacred anymore :(

kieatky

Jedi Master
It's bad enough they bang on the door at 6.45am on Saturdays :evil: Now they want to do it on sundays to :evil: Then again I could always use it as a wake up call to go to the boot sale :lol:

lee gray

Sith Lord
Great if you are expecting a star wars toy in the post that you might have had to wait until monday for

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Stormtrooper37 said:
Don't agree with this at all. I personally don't want post or parcels delivered on a Sunday morning :x
Call me old fashioned but Sunday is becoming like any other day of the week.

Is nothing sacred anymore :(

What about those among us who don't view Sunday as special cos we aint daft enough to believe in an invisible sky fairy? :lol:

The missus whacks me every time I use that phrase.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
weasel said:
What about those among us who don't view Sunday as special cos we aint daft enough to believe in an invisible sky fairy? :lol:

:lol:

I'm all for it - times have changed, people need to accept that. We now buy half our stuff online, parcel deliveries have increased ten-fold, and 90% of people aren't at home Monday-Friday (unless you still live in the 50s and have wifey at home cleaning all day!) So it suits me just fine.

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
weasel said:

:lol:

I'm all for it - times have changed, people need to accept that. We now buy half our stuff online, parcel deliveries have increased ten-fold, and 90% of people aren't at home Monday-Friday (unless you still live in the 50s and have wifey at home cleaning all day!) So it suits me just fine.

I don't go to church on a Sunday or am I particularly religious, but Sunday is still 'different' to the rest of the week (well it is where I live anyway) and I think people should respect that. Most of the shops where I live still don't even open on a Sunday - so parcel deliveries to them would be pretty pointless.

More people work at home now than ever before so I don't consider that a valid point really.

Yes times have changed and everything moves on eventually, but I think certain parts of life have to be respected, instead of money, greed and survival, which is what it all boils down to at the end of the day sadly.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Sadly i suspect the money and greed will mean that sunday deliveries are inevitable, in the big cities at least.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom