robin williams RIP

PGowdy

Grand Master
So so sad. :cry:
Never thought much of him as a comedian but always thought he was a fine actor.

Superb in - Awakenings, Good Will Hunting, The Fisher King, Mrs. Doubtfire, One Hour Photo, Dead Poets Society, and his breakout performance in Good Morning Vietnam.

R.I.P.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
RIP Robin, I'm sure he had his reasons to do this, but he was very good friends with Christopher Reeve and watched him struggle to stay alive, would of hoped this taught him how precious life is, as far as we know we only get one shot at it.

Rebel_Runner

Jedi Master
Very very sad news.

Good Will Hunting, Dead Poets Society, Good Morning Vietnam. All amazing films.

A very funny man and a superb actor, he will most definitely be greatly missed. :cry:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
I think I speak for us all when I say we grew up loving watching Mork, pretty awful news to hear, I loved so many of his films, the fisher king really standing out as a powerful story & amazing performance, you will be missed Robin, such a shame he lost the battle for survival, it can be a tough road this life & hard to keep going on at times, just so deflated to see this sad news.

plantman

Sith Lord
awful news, just goes to show how serious depression is, popular, wealthy and loving family and still decided to end it.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
One of the few actors that could make me laugh out loud, but at the same time could act with great feeling and depth.

I loved Mork & Mindy, Mrs Doubtfire is a classic, and so many more that have been mentioned.

My favourite quote ( of which he had many ) is :

"Your only given one little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it"

Genuine sadness at the loss of a member of the human race that brought a lot of joy to many!

RIP MR Williams...Nanu Nanu

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Wasn't much of a fan of most of his stuff.

But for some reason, its real sad that he's gone.

Guess it was because you get the impression that he was one of the genuine good guys.

RIP.

Watching Good Will Hunting Tonight.

Never seen the Fisher King, might give that a shot this week as well.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Maulster79 said:
Wasn't much of a fan of most of his stuff.

But for some reason, its real sad that he's gone.

Guess it was because you get the impression that he was one of the genuine good guys.

RIP.

Watching Good Will Hunting Tonight.

Never seen the Fisher King, might give that a shot this week as well.

Both Good Will Hunting and The Fisher King are brilliant and he is sublime in both of them. Deservedly got Oscar nominations for both and won for Good Will.

ODB

Jedi Master
Another piece of crap news. I've nearly always enjoyed his films and the likes of Good Morning Vietnam, Aladdin and Mork and Mindy have always been special.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom