RIP Rik Mayall

Richard_H

Grand Master
The Young Ones and Bottom were comedy genius. He wanted to make an oldies show to round the trilogy off. He was never the same after the quad bike accident.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Sad news. Always been a fan. The Young Ones, Bottom, The New Statesman and Blackadder. He was great in all of them.
R.I.P Rik. :cry:

kieatky

Jedi Master
Very, very sad news :cry: His show's were very much a part of my childhood, also loved his later stuff (used to cry laughing at Bottom ). RIP Rik

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Gutted. Bottom still makes me laugh even now. One of VERY VERY few TV comedy programmes that were actually funny!

Sad loss.

RIP

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Im absolutely gutted. Bottom and Thr Young ones gave me some of the funniest times in my life.

RIP

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
That's such sad news, he was a comedy genius, anarchic slapstick in bottom and the young ones...he will be sadly missed

This about sums up his humour after his accident....

Mayall once joked: "I beat Jesus Christ," he said. "He was dead for three days at Easter.
"When I crashed it was the day before Good Friday, Crap Thursday, and I was technically dead until Easter Monday – that's five days.
"Jesus was nailed up on Friday and came to on Easter Day. I beat him 5-3."

Genius that will be missed by a great many

RIP...Rik

Jez

Sith Lord
Really sad to hear this. Far too young.

I agree with all of the above comments about his work, but also check out his early stuff with Edmunson "The Dangerous Brothers", hilarious.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
I couldn't believe when I heard this. I LOVE 'Bottom' and 'The Young One's'.

Sad, sad news.

R.I.P Rick. You will be missed by comedy fans across the globe.

Grant

Sith Lord
RIP. Rick was a brilliant actor. Loved the New Statesman the most I think. Second to that 4 men in a car, extremely funny the first time around.

rob71

Sith Lord
Incredibly sad, and well before his time. I saw him with Ade Edmonson in one of the Bottom Live shows at Newcastle City Hall a few years back, and I was in stitches throughout. Hi comedy provided some great memories, and he seemed like a genuinely nice bloke as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom