RIP Phil Hughes

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Thought Id make a separate thread to the cricket one.

Absolutely horrific.

For anyone not into cricket Hughes was stuck in the head by a delivery despite wearing a helmet. He collapsed at the scene and was taken to hospital where he never regained consciousness

A truly awful freak accident and a sad day for everyone in Sport

poncho

Grand Master
from cricinfo main page

Phillip-Hughes.jpg

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
RIP Phil Hughes.

Horrible accident.

Sounds like he took it on the neck and the impact split his carotid artery which then bled heavily into his brain. No way for anyone to go. At least he wasn't in any pain. Still 25 is no age at all.

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Very somber mood here today, such a horrific accident and bloody sad to see someone with so much life have it ended so soon. RIP Hughesy :cry:

PGowdy

Grand Master
I don't follow cricket but heard about this on the radio after it happened. Assumed he'd pull through.
Very sad and tragic loss of a young life.

BlueDog

Sith Lord
That's the sad part about it Pete, it looked like such an innocuous hit and I guess most people believed he would wake up the next day with a sore head. We live in an age where they can do amazing things with surgery but this was just one of those times that nothing could be done.

I also feel for the bowler Sean Abbott and the tremendous amount of sorrow he must be feeling, what and awful position to find yourself in.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
BlueDog said:
I also feel for the bowler Sean Abbott and the tremendous amount of sorrow he must be feeling, what and awful position to find yourself in.

Absolutely. Gonna be hard for him to ever bowl again at anywhere near the intensity he managed before.

poncho

Grand Master
weasel said:
BlueDog said:

Absolutely. Gonna be hard for him to ever bowl again at anywhere near the intensity he managed before.

ive thought about the bowler

if this were me everynight from now id go too sleep id be thinking why didnt i??? bowl a yorker, half volley.......

such a thing to do live with for abbott. i wonder how he will deal with it

itfciain

Grand Master
weasel said:
BlueDog said:

Similar to when Eubank put Watson into a coma - the intensity just dropped right out of him. It's a tragedy all round - as Ryan said, in this day and age then do such great things that these guys almost always pull through - look at Schumacher and Bianchi

Jediknight3263827

Jedi Master
Michael Sith said:
Extremely sad news, I too thought he would pull through, very sad loss.
cant believe it heard news of his death today on radio i think everyone thought he had just took a knock to the head and would be ok :( really sad news RIP

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom