Posting Boxed Vehicles

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
Might be selling a few boxed vehicles soon that I have doubles of, just wondering the best way to package them so the box doesn't get damaged etc ? Thanks

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Maybe wrap bubble wrap around the actual vehicle box and gently Sellotape it together. Then place in a bigger box completely surround by bubble wrap inside to minimise any knocking around or banging impact? Just a thought from how I stored things which were fine

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
It depends in part whether your vehicles have their inner packaging or not. If they do, and providing they hold the vehicle securely inside the vintage box, then no additional internal protection is probably required. However, if the inner packaging is missing, you need to carefully wrap the vehicle, ideally in copious tissue paper, ensuring no pointed parts or pieces can puncture the vintage box during transit, then carefully pack out the rest of the vintage box with tissue paper to fill out the spaces until the vehicle can no longer move around.

Once the vehicle is secured inside its vintage box, I recommend carefully wrapping the box in tissue paper, then carefully wrapping that in ample bubble wrap, then placing that in a large, sturdy cardboard box with lots more padding on all six sides of the vintage box (more screwed up tissue paper and or bubble wrap and or airbag packaging is fine. I prefer not to use packing peanuts / Styrofoam as they coat everything with dust). I also try to avoid taping the bubble wrap together where possible as if the tape accidentally comes into contact with the vintage box during the wrapping / unwrapping process, it can rip off part of the box litho. This is also another reason for wrapping the vintage box in tissue paper before bubble-wrapping it, especially if recycling old bubble wrap which may still have pieces of tape stuck to it (although obviously, you should try to find and remove as many of these as possible before wrapping anything with it).

Once your vehicle is safely packed inside its vintage box inside its sturdy packing box, repeat the process by placing the sturdy box inside an even larger, even more sturdy box (ideally double-walled cardboard), once again packing out all six sides of the box with more screwed up tissue paper and or bubble wrap and or airbag packaging. However, if double-boxing is not possible for any reason it's imperative that the box you do use be extremely sturdy indeed, and where appropriate, you should consider whether additional customized reinforcement is needed. Remember, each item should be packed according to its own unique needs and requirements.

Finally, I then wrap the lot like a Christmas present in brown paper. This not only looks nice, it adds a surprisingly effective final layer of protection against certain types of damage.

All that lot might sound like overkill, but it virtually guarantees that your items will arrive in the same condition you send them. It's generally how I try to send anything I sell, and it's worked satisfactorily so far.

Hope that helps :)

Jeremy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom