Opinions wanted on UK import tax

Pantzman

Padawan
As I have been import tax stung today I'm going around like a bear with a sore arse, so, as us humans do, I need to vent and see if I'm right or wrong. If I'm wrong I'll take it and shut up.
I bought a Popy Han Hoth off a facebook site. The box was pretty beat up and the bag was opened but as its something I dont have or have seen I asked to buy it. $50 from USA.
I paid $10 to have it posted.
Anyway I get one of those piss me off cards from the postman saying I owe £29 Tax. As I buy a fair bit from USA I didnt know exactly what it was. I went and paid my money and picked up this very amateurish wrapped in newspaper parcel.
on the details it said value. $150. No f'in wonder I had to pay so much! Twat!
I've messaged him and said what was he thinking, why would he do that, it was worth $50 so why put $150 etc etc. He said he thought he was doing me a favour. He said its worth far more than $50 and he wanted to make sure if it got damaged. I was hoping for a bit of meet halfway and a donation towards it but no luck. All in a very long message with no grammer. ( as if this one is perfect...)
I have paid $50 in tax when the figure only cost $50. I know about the collectible toy code but as it was a 'cheap' purchase I didnt bother. So. Opinions please...

spoons

Grand Master
You should be able to claim that back. There's a downloadable form you send off with the correct customs reference and your receipt. You should end up paying 5% on $50 plus parcel forces extortionate handling fee

Pantzman

Padawan
Hmm, don't know how to go about that. It's a start!
Plus how do I prove I've only paid $50 if he has put its worth $150?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom