Nunb & Ackber - EP7

starshipriot

Jedi Master
Nien numb looks like he has lost weight in the face.
I bet it will be a kicker if ackbar is amazing in this one, like a gun toting space john mclain from die hard. And when you were all kids he was just an alien with a pointy stick.

TrisCompany

Jedi Knight
You don't become an admiral in the rebel alliance without doing some serious **** in the pursuit of taking down the empire. He must be a bad ass.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
TrisCompany said:
You don't become an admiral in the rebel alliance without doing some serious **** in the pursuit of taking down the empire. He must be a bad ass.

Akbar could be a very interesting stand alone character driven film; we know him, but it would be cool to see how he got to become Admiral, so it would work from that point of view. Unlike other characters it doesn't require someone trying to fill the shoes (doing an impression) of another actor... McGregor ruined Obi-Wan for me, I live in fear of someone destroying Solo...

Language might be a block though... going to be a lot of subtitles! :lol:

Princess Raya

Padawan
SAVORY100 said:
Language might be a block though... going to be a lot of subtitles! :lol:

Ackbar speaks English? Unless "it's a trap" is Mon Calamari for "oh shoot, we appear to have stumbled into an awful lot of heavily armed bad guys" :lol:

TrisCompany

Jedi Knight
I reckon he'll have a piece in TFA but be a much bigger part in rogue one? Maybe him stealing the DT plans got him that status.

starshipriot

Jedi Master
Well Luke was promoted and he switched off his targeting computer probably against alliance recommendation and relied on an unproven religion to blow up death star. Han was promoted and he was just a civilian. Im not convinced Ackbar did much worthy!

TrisCompany

Jedi Knight
That's very true Starshipriot. The Alliance's HR team needs upgrading given a lack of clear and transparent competencies on promotion criteria. If I were Wicket I'd want to be made at least a commander for taking down an elite empire battalion in the battle of Endor. C3po and R2 should be looking for damages. Look at all the hard graft they put in and in return get sweet FA. The RA smacks of droidism yet again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom