Nichelle Nichols has boldly gone to the stars one last time

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
A true trailblazer and Sci-Fi icon. She will be much missed.

Rest in peace

Nichelle 01.jpg

lejackal

Grand Master
There can't be many of the original ST cast left. Shatner and Takai (spelling)?
Chekov as well, Walter Koenig. Couldn't say about any others. Bones and Scotty went years ago, as did Spock. (Kelly, Doohan and Nimoy)
Pretty sure the guy that played Khan is gone as well.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
That's right I forgot about Chekov. TBF that show was on a LONG time ago. Most of them have done very well to live this long.

lejackal

Grand Master
That's right I forgot about Chekov. TBF that show was on a LONG time ago. Most of them have done very well to live this long.
Oh yeah, I mean look how many we've lost from the Star Wars OT and that was a good ten years or so after Trek started

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Oh yeah, I mean look how many we've lost from the Star Wars OT and that was a good ten years or so after Trek started
They've both done a hell of a lot better than most of the poor cast from Babylon 5. Only a handful of them are still with us, as the death rate has been atrocious! And that from a series that began in 1994 (with the pilot in 1993).

As for Trek, Majel Barrett-Roddenberry (Nurse Chapel on Trek, Lwaxana Troi on TNG, along with being most of the computer voices too, as well as being Gene Roddenberry's wife, and FWIW, also Morella on Babylon 5, coincidentally) and Ricardo Montalban (aka Khan, and also Vincent Ludwig, the villain in the brilliant 'The Naked Gun', amongst a thousand other roles) are indeed both no longer with us either.

grinchy

Sith Lord
RIP, met her back in the 90's, she was at a con and i was with a wheelchair bound friend, she took time to come around the table and spent some time with us, gave him a kiss and held his hand, a great day, to say it made his day was an understatement, i'll never forgot her kindness, rest in starlight lovely lady

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
They've both done a hell of a lot better than most of the poor cast from Babylon 5. Only a handful of them are still with us, as the death rate has been atrocious! And that from a series that began in 1994 (with the pilot in 1993).

Aye B5 was jinxed. The cast started dying before the series finished and sadly they haven't stopped since. Sinclair, Gkar, Dr Franklin, Delen, Garibaldi, Zak, Vir, Zatyrus. Only a handful left. And bloody Tracy Skoggins doesn't count. I always hated her character.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom