Grand Master
Working original N64 expansion pak
£30 posted UK
1CE0294E-9543-4EEA-AAB4-031563420B9D.jpeg
49BCEB26-9B9C-43B7-904D-6A501B5C67D4.jpeg

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
This still available? Also any advice on the best cable to convert to the new TV's, I've just got an N64 with the standard cables and I really can't play it the picture is so bad. I feel like my brain has just been pumped up with petral fumes. lol Any help much appreciated. @lejackal @edd_jedi Sorry just seen the date, certainly not available. lol

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
@theforceuk the N64 is a tricky one as it used blurring to 'improve' the picture on old TVs. Even with a decent cable a standard N64 still looks pretty terrible on a modern TV without modding it to remove the blurring and give you clear pixels. So the best option is to buy an old CRT TV, but if you don't want to go down that route and your modern TV doesn't have SCART, this will give you the best picture:

lejackal

Grand Master
Kaico do one buy how much better or worse it is than the one Edd linked to I don't know

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
If by standard cables you mean either RF (aerial) or AV (red/yellow/white) then they are not really good enough and you won't see much benefit from the modded console. You really need either SCART or HDMI. A decent SCART cable is only about £10, but depends if your TV has it. If you only have HDMI, either get the one I posted or something similar.

lejackal

Grand Master
Err, I don't think the jumper or expansion makes a difference in terms of which cable but you need the expansion for Donkey Kong and it improves a few of the Star Wars games. There's a number of titles it makes better or is required for. Edd can probably real them off

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
The expansion pack doesn't affect which cables you need and I don't think it stops any games working, as Lejackal says just improves a few

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks I just got a bit confused with the email the seller on eBay sent me. Bloody expensive this retro gaming! 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom