musicmagpie on ebay

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I bought some DVD from musicmagpie on ebay. The DVD boxes was broken and one DVD was also broken in 2 parts. I told seller about the damage and he asked me to mail it back. I told him it would cost £11 in stamps to mail it back from denmark to the uk.

Since then it has been very hard to get my mail money back for the stamps I paid. Normally I would have asked seller to pay me the £11 with paypal before I mailed it back. But I forgot that since it has been a very long time ago since I had problems on ebay.

Seller got the DVD back and paid me back what I paid for the DVD and for the mail from him to me. But I never saw the money I paid from me to him, the £11. Seller continue to write that he has also paid me the £11 back, but I have not received them.

I contacted ebay about it, ebay told me to contact paypal :roll: I contacted paypal about it and they asked me to contact ebay and they told me that they could not see that he had paid me £11 back :roll: So now I have contacted ebay again and this time ebay told me to contact seller again and if he have not paid me back in 7 days then I should contact ebay again.

I can only say stay away from this seller, the packing was extremly bad 2 dvd boxes with 6 dvd in each box only mailed in an envelope, there not even any bubble in it to protect them, but I had thought he would mail it in a box.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
a little update. I have now wasted my time for 7 days more :roll: Ebay asked me to contact seller again and if I did not hear from him in 7 days then I should contact ebay again.

I contacted seller again and they told me a guy from another department will contact me soon. I waited 7 days and no one contacted me. Then I contacted them again today and a few min. later they wrote back to me that they have paid me back 22 days ago, so we were back where we started :roll:

I then contacted ebay and they told me to mail ebay a copy of the bill from the postoffice then ebay would return the money. So now I will do that. I hope that helps.

I can only say stay away from that seller, it only give you problems for a long time if the items is damaged.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
a little update. I have now wasted my time for 7 days more :roll: Ebay asked me to contact seller again and if I did not hear from him in 7 days then I should contact ebay again.

I contacted seller again and they told me a guy from another department will contact me soon. I waited 7 days and no one contacted me. Then I contacted them again today and a few min. later they wrote back to me that they have paid me back 22 days ago, so we were back where we started :roll:

I then contacted ebay and they told me to mail ebay a copy of the bill from the postoffice then ebay would return the money. So now I will do that. I hope that helps.

I can only say stay away from that seller, it only give you problems for a long time if the items is damaged.

Talk about bloody stupid idiots

Pomse2001

Grand Master
StarWarsFan said:
Pomse2001 said:

Talk about bloody stupid idiots

Ebay tried to close the case and would not give me the money back because I had no proof about that I have mailed it or what I had paid for it and no track and trace. I have been writing with maybe 10 different persons from ebay, this is so stupid. When the case is not solved why the **** should a new person take over the case when the person make huge mistakes and not read the case correct.

Finally after weeks with writing with ebay one person finally did understand me or maybe ebay was just tired of me :lol: . I told ebay that seller asked me to mail it as a letter so there is no track and trace because seller wanted cheap mail and seller had not paid me my mail money back and also did not mail me any proof about he had mailed me the money back. I only got a full refund and seller had confirmed he had received the broken items back. So finally the person from ebay support told me that I would get my money from ebay and not from seller in 5 days. I really hope that I get them and that there will not be more problems. The sad thing is I don't think ebay will punish such a jerk that tried to trick me for my mail money.

But now I have learned that if I ever have to return something again then I can only mail back with track and trace because I will not have this kind of problems again with ebay support. Then seller just have to pay more for the mail.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
It's a company not an individual seller and response from them you receive is often dependant on the person answering the correspondence. I've had crap response from them and alternatively replacement cds sent at the drop of a hat :roll:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I don't uynderstand why you just didn't get a refund Pomse2001 , usually the case with international sales. Sorry to read this.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
It's a company not an individual seller and response from them you receive is often dependant on the person answering the correspondence. I've had crap response from them and alternatively replacement cds sent at the drop of a hat :roll:

I did not know it was a company, I thought it was a seller :oops: Sorry to read that you also have had problems with them :(

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
I don't uynderstand why you just didn't get a refund @Pomse2001 , usually the case with international sales. Sorry to read this.

Thanks, I think it is because ebay need proof with track and trace and I did not know that but seller asked me to mail it as a letter. But since I had it on writing from seller in ebay messages then I also do not understand why they ebay did not refund me. But now I know that I should never mail as a letter again if I need to return broken items again, because I only get problems if seller do no pay me the money back for the mail back to seller.

I have still not received the money so I still fear something can go wrong.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Finally Ebay have contacted me and ebay will give me my money back in a few days :D

I have now also given musicmagpie bad feedback on thrustpilot, I guess they did not like that, they have reported my bad feedback as fake :roll:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Finally Ebay have contacted me and ebay will give me my money back in a few days :D

I have now also given musicmagpie bad feedback on thrustpilot, I guess they did not like that, they have reported my bad feedback as fake :roll:

Glad you got your money back!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Pomse2001 said:

Glad you got your money back!

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I bought a Masters of the Universe DVD from them a couple of weeks ago and it arrived all smashed/broken. Luckily the disc was ok, I asked for a partial refund and they gave me a couple of pounds back. I've had broken CD's from them before as well.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Robstyley said:
I bought a Masters of the Universe DVD from them a couple of weeks ago and it arrived all smashed/broken. Luckily the disc was ok, I asked for a partial refund and they gave me a couple of pounds back. I've had broken CD's from them before as well.

I've bought stuff from them, mobiles mainly and always perfect. If anything turned up broken I would expect the same item posted out again. Partial refund is not enough from these HUGE retailers. Glad your MOTU DVD works though, that's the main thing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom