Maxf's collection - mini update p4

maxf

Jedi Master
I took a few photos of my small collections, hopefully I'll update the post as and when I add new items. For now, here is my collection:

My little Star Wars corner:
IMG_0286.JPG

Close up of my loose run, in a case built for me by my brother in law. You can see I'm missing Blue Snaggletooth, Paploo and Romba (as well as a couple of endor blasters).
IMG_0287.JPG

On top of the figures are a few oddball items - Logray, bought by my dad at a car boot sale about 20 years ago; Mark Hammil's signature from CE2; Lucasfilm Moving Card, bought at CE3
IMG_0288.JPG

Top figure shelf: 41bk palitoy C3-PO (beaten up but very rare), meccano 12bk Leia, Trilogo Luke Hoth.
IMG_0290.JPG

30 back cardbacks. I don't collect cardbacks really, I just enjoy the hunt for these, and think they look very cool (even with the obvious damage):
IMG_0289.JPG

Palitoys - 12 and 30bks. No reason I've skipped over the 20bks, and I plan to add these as finances and opportunities allow:
IMG_0300.JPG

My meccano 20bks:
IMG_0301.JPG

Palitoy Mailers - both bought separately at different times, but originated from the same childhood collection and were addressed to the same person! Amazing coincidence! Probably my favourite buy of 2016!
IMG_0292.JPG

First 12 on the mailaway stand in one of Christian's acrylic cases. I'd like to add a VC Jawa to this at some point.
IMG_0299.JPG

Double Telescoping Luke from the mailaway display above. Dead straight inner saber!
IMG_0296.JPG

maxf

Jedi Master
Some of my favourite figures:

30 backs
IMG_0297.JPG

Meccano Luc
IMG_0295.JPG

Meccano Dark Vador
IMG_0294.JPG

Palitoy Luke and Leia
IMG_0291.JPG

Finally, Little old pop-up R2
IMG_0298.JPG

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Very nice collection Max, love your loose collection. The MOC not to shabby either. :)

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Oh man look at those palitoys :mrgreen:

Although I recognise the beat up empire 3po Max, pleased to see him displayed so elegantly. I did prefer however your previous description of him to me, "he's wonderfully knackered isn't he". I still have a little chuckle at that line from time to time.

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
Small collection but so much quality!

Love the story behind the mailers.

Fantastic 8) thanks for sharing the pictures.

Scrolling back up for another look :shock:

maxf

Jedi Master
Sparky P said:
Oh man look at those palitoys :mrgreen:

Although I recognise the beat up empire 3po Max, pleased to see him displayed so elegantly. I did prefer however your previous description of him to me, "he's wonderfully knackered isn't he". I still have a little chuckle at that line from time to time.

It looks like it spent the first few years of it's life stored in someone's back pocket! Great though!

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
He was like that when I got him back in 94 I think from the corn exchange in Manchester. Thought it would. E the closest thing I'd get to a 12 back!!

joey

Padawan
beautiful collection their mate

love palitoy,s and especially the meccano,s moc amazing set

joey 8)

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Think I've visited this thread 5/6 times before commenting as I'm a little unsure what to say.. and even now I have nothing... Its just all so impressive it's left me a little speechless!

maxf

Jedi Master
Thank you all for the kind comments - compared to most of you guys, it's nothing special at all. I'd really like to have a little more space
but I've agreed with my very understanding other half that it isn't going to expand from the study. It's kind of nice having it contained as well I think.

I've always liked the meccanos, and I remember seeing loads of Jawas for sale one holiday as a kid in France; which is one of my more distinct memories of vintage on the shelves back in the day. They arent all mint by any stretch - although the meccano collectors havent succumbed to the AFA madness yet, probably because you struggle to find any without a bubble lift or cracks, and the cards are paper thin.

My 2017 aim is to get closer to the run of 12 (they did the full 20 on SW cards, but I dont think I have the appetite to go for the 20 - LXW and R5 are super rare and would be near impossible to find).

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Super impressive as always. Without doubt the "neatest" collection ever displayed. No dust or even an unwelcomed pube in site! :wink:

maxf

Jedi Master
Andyclarke said:
Super impressive as always. Without doubt the "neatest" collection ever displayed. No dust or even an unwelcomed pube in site! :wink:

Haha - I am a bit OCD I guess!

maxf

Jedi Master
theguiltyone said:
Andyclarke said:

I hid one single red pube!

Found it - getting it AFA'd!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom