Loft Find- Part 2! *Updated with pics*

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Following on from Colin's fab thread, thought I'd add my own :)

Got chatting to a neighbour a couple of months ago and he spotted a boxed mini-rig that I was bringing home (bought off a colleague's husband). My neighbour said his Mother-in-law had discovered a box of Star Wars stuff in her loft and that she probably didn't want it. I asked him to find out what she had and if she was willing to part with it.

Couple of weeks later and an oldish lady came over as I was cleaning the car. Introduced herself as my neighbour's mother-in-law and asked if I wanted the old toys. She said there was a Falcon, some figures and a Weird white spaceship like a ball with two wings. She wasn't sure on condition or if there were any accessories, but said she'd bring them over for me.

Saw my neighbour this morning and he said she's bringing them over this weekend. He's not very clued up, but confirmed the Falcon. Also said he thinks there is Darth's Tie Fighter + some figs and weapons.

I'm trying not to get too excited, but I can't wait until Sunday! I've never had a vintage Tie of any description- let's hope it's in one piece!

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Absolutely brilliant mate - the build up/expectation is just the best, you can't help but get excited. Whatever it is you get you know you'll be delighted.

Fingers crossed for the TIE fighter, I'm chuffed and excited for you mate - it's going to be long wait until Sunday :D

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Great news mate, love these finds

TBH. Anything vintage is a bonus

Fingers crossed, you'll be wishing the days away till Sunday :wink:

Good luck bud :D

mumbo

Sith Lord
More great news, will those vinyl caped Jawa's appear in a true loft find :)

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks chaps- bit confused by the Tie descriptions. She said it was white and yesterday, he said it had curved wings. Maybe there's one of each! ;)

sith-smith

Grand Master
Great stuff 8)

Wish I had a loft find. Something I've been hoping for for years and nothing!

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Gonna have to wait until tomorrow now as we've decided to stay at my friend's for an extra day. The suspense is killing me!

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Cazza said:
Gonna have to wait until tomorrow now as we've decided to stay at my friend's for an extra day. The suspense is killing me!

:? Bet your on pins mate......all good things come to those........

Good luck bud :D

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks chaps! Got them 8)
DSC_0020_zpseg1k3bjd.jpg

DSC_0021_zpsn6stofyv.jpg
DSC_0023_zps1nb0tvt3.jpg

DSC_0022_zpsjsopgjel.jpg

Finally got them! No rarities and all figures are incomplete, but some are in very nice condition. Falcon ramp is a little broken and missing the struts. Training ball Droid missing too. Otherwise pretty decent. X-Wing is in good shape but missing cannons and canopy.

The jewel in the crown is the Tie. It's in good nick and even has the battery cover. Will check the electrics later. A little bonus is a nice ROTJ insert poster 8)

elcroz

Padawan
That's a great score. They look really clean and not yellowy. You must be thrilled.

Jammy git!

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Cazza said:
Following on from Colin's fab thread, thought I'd add my own :)

Got chatting to a neighbour a couple of months ago and he spotted a boxed mini-rig that I was bringing home (bought off a colleague's husband). My neighbour said his Mother-in-law had discovered a box of Star Wars stuff in her loft and that she probably didn't want it. I asked him to find out what she had and if she was willing to part with it.

Couple of weeks later and an oldish lady came over as I was cleaning the car. Introduced herself as my neighbour's mother-in-law and asked if I wanted the old toys. She said there was a Falcon, some figures and a Weird white spaceship like a ball with two wings. She wasn't sure on condition or if there were any accessories, but said she'd bring them over for me.

Saw my neighbour this morning and he said she's bringing them over this weekend. He's not very clued up, but confirmed the Falcon. Also said he thinks there is Darth's Tie Fighter + some figs and weapons.

I'm trying not to get too excited, but I can't wait until Sunday! I've never had a vintage Tie of any description- let's hope it's in one piece!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom