#landocalrissian #figurefocus

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Hello, what have we here?

I recently completed the Lando Bespin Kenner loose run. It's a relatively large run because every factory that produced the figure made a smiling and non smiling variant, and there are three factories that produced the figure (Smile, Uni Toys, Kader).

As far as I can tell the transition from no teeth to teeth took place on the 41d card.

Here is a list of the available variants if you're a variant collector and interested in collecting them all... after all that's what Kenner wanted us to do :lol:

Family I (Kader):
- 4 line Coo (No teeth)
- 4 line Coo (Teeth)
- China Raised Bar (Teeth)

Family II (Smile):
- 2 line Coo (No teeth)
- 2 line Coo (Teeth)
- No Coo (Teeth)

Family III (Uni Toys):
- 2 line Coo (No teeth)
- 2 line Coo (Teeth)

Each factory has unique accessories with Smile having the v4 blaster, Uni Toys the v3 blaster and Kader the v2 blaster. Research shows that the made in China figure which was produced by Kader has the v1 blaster. The capes are all unique too but they are too hard to go into here.

Anyway I hope you enjoy this post.

4A2818E1-C507-4B71-8190-CCACC510F8E1.jpeg

Kader (Family I)
33C85B2E-71AA-4410-AE20-1F91D1870D8C.jpeg

Smile (Family II)
9B5AACED-21EE-4DBD-A09F-11255B4B8AFE.jpeg

Uni Toys (Family III)
02A3B22B-A50C-4679-81D9-761EFFCA2F90.jpeg

PBP (Family III)

Attachments

• AB894D2D-85EF-41A5-8348-F1846E6333E8.jpeg
    AB894D2D-85EF-41A5-8348-F1846E6333E8.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 411

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Very interesting Jay, and congratulations. When you say you have completed the Kenner loose run, presumably that's excluding non-Kenner variants, even though you do show a nice pair of PBP variants?

Also can I ask please, how do the (at least 3 different) belt buckles come into play with the various families? Is one buckle shape unique to each family, or is there some crossover increasing the variant count still further? You mention the teeth, but not the buckles, and I can't make them all out clearly on the images you've posted. Also, where does the black neck variant fit into all this? Or is that it on the right in the Kader (Family I) photo (sorry, it's a bit dark on his neck in your photo so I can't tell if it's dark brown and in shadow, or actually black). Or is that one not a Kenner variant (https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36774)?

At any rate, thanks for sharing.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Great run you've put together and nice to see them all next to each other with all the information about them. Thanks for taking the time to share this and I'm sure this will be very useful for a lot of people for years to come (just like all of your figure variant posts Jeremy).

Ian

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Very interesting Jay, and congratulations. When you say you have completed the Kenner loose run, presumably that's excluding non-Kenner variants, even though you do show a nice pair of PBP variants?

Also can I ask please, how do the (at least 3 different) belt buckles come into play with the various families? Is one buckle shape unique to each family, or is there some crossover increasing the variant count still further? You mention the teeth, but not the buckles, and I can't make them all out clearly on the images you've posted. Also, where does the black neck variant fit into all this? Or is that it on the right in the Kader (Family I) photo (sorry, it's a bit dark on his neck in your photo so I can't tell if it's dark brown and in shadow, or actually black). Or is that one not a Kenner variant (https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36774)?

Here you go Jeremy Snaketibe

Kader
3242CBE2-F40F-4D4C-9F65-E38E867CBF43.jpeg

Smile
64E4A892-C0BD-457F-9052-BE725477BB71.jpeg

Uni Toys
05AB5514-B9C0-48F1-BD1B-4EA16CF9E4DB.jpeg

Kader is the widest. Well defined. Diamonds with a central line down the middle.

Uni Toys also has a central line down the middle of the diamonds. Not particularly well defined. The belt buckle is not as wide as the Kader.

Smile is three simple diamonds with no central line.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I have the two PBP variants. One has dull pants and one has brighter pants. There are an almost unlimited number of different scar variants. The moulds for these figures originated in the Uni Toys factory.

Aside from the two PBP variants there is also two brown neck and one black neck Poch variant that I know of.

The figure on the right of my Kader trio is the made in China variant and not the black neck Lando. Interestingly I have seen one example on fb of a China coo with black neck :shock:

One brown neck Poch Lando is a 2 line Uni Toy mould and the other along with the black neck Lando is a 4 line Kader mould.

The information above is correct to the best of my knowledge but am happy to stand corrected.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
I have the two PBP variants. One has dull pants and one has brighter pants. There are an almost unlimited number of different scar variants. The moulds for these figures originated in the Uni Toys factory.

Aside from the two PBP variants there is also two brown neck and one black neck Poch variant that I know of.

The figure on the right of my Kader trio is the made in China variant and not the black neck Lando. Interestingly I have seen one example on fb of a China coo with black neck :shock:

One brown neck Poch Lando is a 2 line Uni Toy mould and the other along with the black neck Lando is a 4 line Kader mould.

The information above is correct to the best of my knowledge but am happy to stand corrected.

Great info! Thanks :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Snaketibe said:

Here you go Jeremy @Snaketibe

Kader
3242CBE2-F40F-4D4C-9F65-E38E867CBF43.jpeg

Smile
64E4A892-C0BD-457F-9052-BE725477BB71.jpeg

Uni Toys
05AB5514-B9C0-48F1-BD1B-4EA16CF9E4DB.jpeg

Kader is the widest. Well defined. Diamonds with a central line down the middle.

Uni Toys also has a central line down the middle of the diamonds. Not particularly well defined. The belt buckle is not as wide as the Kader.

Smile is three simple diamonds with no central line.

Thanks again!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom