Lando ESB palitoy 41 back

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
I'm putting together a bit of a Lando collection. I would love to have a palitoy ESB Lando 41 back moc and I've been trying to find out how this would cost. However, I can't find any data on this off ebay. Has anybody got a feel how this would sell for these days?

maxf

Jedi Master
Lando is super tough on a palitoy 41bk - I think you'd need to pay £1000 at least. Han Bespin is common in comparison.

One sold on vectis last month.

thejettasetta

Padawan
There 2 sold today at auction:
540x360_zpswbpqpbio.jpg

540x360%201_zpsjzvz7bgx.jpg

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
thejettasetta said:
540x360_zpswbpqpbio.jpg

Yes I saw this one, they went for £850!!!! My max bid was £260!!! Whoever won them is going to be really fed up. The condition is nowhere near as good as they look in the pic. They both have multiple creases staple holes, litho tears and very tired, Lando bubble seal not great at the bottom and Tie Pilot bubble crushed at the bottom. I had a go at the auction house and told them the description and pics were misleading. I was worried I'd bid too much as well!!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Growing up in Anglesey (essential for accent purposes) we had a saying about young ladies we sometime encountered. Think it would be appropriate to those two MOCs: "Nice from afar but far from nice".

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Growing up in Anglesey (essential for accent purposes) we had a saying about young ladies we sometime encountered. Think it would be appropriate to those two MOCs: "Nice from afar but far from nice".
Haha spot on.

maxf

Jedi Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Growing up near Peterborough, we had 'baywatch/crimewatch'. Slightly less eloquent than yours ;)

sith-smith

Grand Master
Lando is one of the Characters that is easier to get on a 30 back (a or b) than on any other Palitoy logo'd card.

I only know of 3 41 backs and 3 45a's (including the one posted above)

Of course this doesn't mean there aren't more out there and more than likely there are several more. However the same is true of the 30 back, which I think will remain the easier of the 3 Logo'd cards.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
sith-smith said:
Lando is one of the Characters that is easier to get on a 30 back (a or b) than on any other Palitoy logo'd card.

Of course this doesn't mean there aren't more out there and more than likely there are several more. However the same is true of the 30 back, which I think will remain the easier of the 3 Logo'd cards.

This is interesting. As he's not exactly common on any Palitoy card other than TL and even THEN he's a bit of a bugger to find. I'm not being all PC in saying this but do you think there was some kind of subliminal discrimination in the manufacturing quantities? Perhaps they thought he just wouldn't be that popular with kids?? You always find him in loose collections, that said. I can't see why he'd be so hard to find on a MOC. And yet Lando Skiff is one of the easiest. I guess because it was such a damned cool figure.

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
sith-smith said:

Thanks for the reply, there was a 30bk at Celebration but he wanted £600. I did however get one with the name cut out, and bubble cut along one side for not much money. On display the bubble is not an issue unless you look close, obviously the missing name is pretty much staring at me :eek: . But it will do for now 8).

My childood Lando has white teeth so it must have been a 41 or 45a.

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
ScruffyLookingNH said:
sith-smith said:

This is interesting. As he's not exactly common on any Palitoy card other than TL and even THEN he's a bit of a bugger to find. I'm not being all PC in saying this but do you think there was some kind of subliminal discrimination in the manufacturing quantities? Perhaps they thought he just wouldn't be that popular with kids?? You always find him in loose collections, that said. I can't see why he'd be so hard to find on a MOC. And yet Lando Skiff is one of the easiest. I guess because it was such a damned cool figure.

Maybe he is hard to find because he sold really well instead of not being made in big quantities? After all by the end of ESB he was one of the new core heroes and there was only type of figure for him till Jedi?

I've found the TL easier fo find than the ESB palitoy, I bought one, and more have appeared since. Must admit my Jedi one is a kenner and I've not seen a palitoy one yet, but Kenner was common in the UK at that point, I think.....

rdpla

Jedi Knight
Andyclarke said:
thejettasetta said:
540x360_zpswbpqpbio.jpg

Yes I saw this one, they went for £850!!!! My max bid was £260!!! Whoever won them is going to be really fed up. The condition is nowhere near as good as they look in the pic. They both have multiple creases staple holes, litho tears and very tired, Lando bubble seal not great at the bottom and Tie Pilot bubble crushed at the bottom. I had a go at the auction house and told them the description and pics were misleading. I was worried I'd bid too much as well!!

Andy
Can i ask which auction house it was please..
thanks
Rob

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom