Keeping Sunlight Out

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
Just wondering what you guys have on the windows to keep the sunlight out in your collection room ?

I am going to take the curtains down in mine and buy some black out blinds , I don't get too much direct sunlight in the back bedroom anyway as there are 2 massive trees outside but would rather be safe than sorry

Are black out blinds sufficient enough you think ? I see some people in the past mention they put UV film on the windows but surely a black out blind is effective enough ?? The blinds in my room will be down 24/7

Also I assume a darker colour one like black or grey are better than lighter coloured blinds or is any colour much the same in keeping the light out ? I would probably go for grey anyway just out of choice

Sorry if some of these questions are obvious/stupid

Many thanks

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
I've got UV film and some made to measure blinds. Worth every penny. The room is in sunlight all day from around 11am and used to get pretty warm. The blinds made a massive difference. I used perfect fit blinds from Blinds2go (neutral grey Venetian, with white frames).

Last edited:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I have UV film on the windows, net curtains, vertical blinds, and double-thickness curtains, which are never opened. Light does get through that lot to illuminate the room, but none of it's UV (it's actually very pleasantly lit in there when the sun is shining). Also, everything in the room is in display cases behind Perspex fronts (toughened glass can spontaneously explode in some rare cases - see https://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/thr...oose-figures-family-guy-buffy-futurama.34774/) which itself cuts out the vast majority of UV, not that any makes it into the room from outside to need stopping anyway! Nothing is fading my stuff :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom