Just me or does this happen to other people too?

Richard_H

Grand Master
After getting the fantastic news last week of me needing more operations on my ankle and put on a 9 week waiting list for an MRI I get the appt today fast tracked due to a cancellation. The only smegging date in the next 2 months I can't make because I'm off to see GN'R in London.

So, heading off to Vectis I'm following a car transporter doing 50-55 on dual carriageway. The transporter hits a bridge and a red car comes spinning off and lands in my lane right in front of me. What's odd about this is it was silent. I never heard the cars on the top hit the bridge or the car hitting the road but I can vividly recall a white small van on top row getting ripped up, the under bridge getting damaged and the car spinning in the air. I was clearly paying good attention as I broke well and remember looking in my mirrors for someone to hit my arse which thankfully didn't happen.

Is it just me?

Still, it could be worse. I could be Weasel.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Bloody hell mate!
When you sent me the message to say you'd grabbed my Vectis lots, you never said a word... traumatic day all round, could've been nasty!
They do say that these events go in slow motion or silence though as the brain catches up with the pace of the trauma before its eyes...
What's the outcome though; GN'R or Ankle?

spoons

Grand Master
I'd take surviving the near miss and having a delayed appointment any day. Sounds like you were very lucky.

You'd be more machine than man if you suffered any more damage :mrgreen:

Glad no harm was done

Richard_H

Grand Master
And it just gets better. Been away with 55 kids camping in the hills and get the news my uncle has been flown home from turkey in a coma after a freak landslide and motorbike accident. Best case scenario is he'll be in a permanent vegetative state. Knowing him and all of our family that is worst case scenario. Best case is he goes at some point soon. Just got back from saying goodbye.

x-pack

Grand Master
Fight or flight mate. The brain shuts down all non essential functions. Well demonstrated here. Your eyes took everything in but the hearing, being less essential in the situation, took a back seat. The brain is amazing

spoons

Grand Master
Richard_H said:
And it just gets better. Been away with 55 kids camping in the hills and get the news my uncle has been flown home from turkey in a coma after a freak landslide and motorbike accident. Best case scenario is he'll be in a permanent vegetative state. Knowing him and all of our family that is worst case scenario. Best case is he goes at some point soon. Just got back from saying goodbye.

Thoughts are with your uncle and family Rich

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Richard_H said:

Jesus mate, if it wasn't for bad luck you would have no luck at all. Thoughts are with you and the family.

Richard_H said:
Still, it could be worse. I could be Weasel.

Cheeky bastard! :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom