Jumbo Tarkin?!

Palifan

Sith Lord
Really not sure what this is based on as it says it's based off of the original Kenner 3.75 one (maybe a modern one they did?), but it's not for me and that bent arm looks all kinds of wrong to me :unsure:

Ian

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Hmmm, I know there was a concept of a Tarkin figure, but didn't think anyone had the design (thought it was lost). As you say, maybe an original concept of the Retro figure, but that seems a bit silly to produce a figure of that. That arm is awful!

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
It's absolutely awful and whoever signed this off at GG wants firing. And what's he doing with Ackbars baton?!
I thought this line had died TBH, the Mando one they put out recently also looked off IMO, I think they should really try and stick with production figures in future as this proves they can't come up with the goods when left to their own devices.

Palifan

Sith Lord
It just seems like such a strange choice for this range of figures and I get the feeling that this one will be a bit of a misfire, rally not good looking but I'd be interested in hearing some more information on where this sculpt has come from, I don't remember seeing any vintage era prototype ever for Tarkin (and since when have kenner used a bent arm like this on a SW figure?).

Ian

Palifan

Sith Lord
Apparently the person who did the writeup on the blurb made a typo and it was supposed to say 'Based on the original Kenner 3.75 inch action figure(s)', meaning that it's just in the style of the original figures. It's still an odd one though as in the past everything's been based on a released figure and not something that's made up.

Still doesn't make sense to me this one, especially with Ackbars baton as mark pointed out :rolleyes:

Ian

Clone Collector

Padawan
Only other figure with a bent arm I remember is the Cloud Car pilot. That arm looks bad, quite like the rest of it but that arm needs sorting.

Dantooine

Padawan
That's so weird. For a line built on nostalgia... where's the nostalgia?!? Pretty awful sculpt as well, doesn't look like the retro figure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom