Jimmy Greaves - RIP

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
England, Tottenham and Chelsea legend Jimmy Greaves has died aged 81. The greatest goalscorer this country has ever produced, his records in the game have stood for decades, and will take quite some beating!

When I was young, I first came to know him through 'Saint and Greavsie', the ITV football show, and it wasn't until later that I learned that both he and Ian St John had been great footballers, rather than simply football TV show presenters :)

A very funny and witty man, he forged a career on TV in addition to 'Saint and Greavsie', appearing on various shows, including 'TV-AM' as a TV critic, where I remember him ripping mercilessly into Michael Praed for leaving 'Robin of Sherwood' where he was an action star, to join 'Dynasty' where he played (as he termed it) a 'prannie' :LOL:. I still laugh when I think about it to this day!

Rest in peace, Greavsie.

1632076193040.png

Last edited:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes, long before my time but a hero at Spurs and I do remember him as a pundit in my early years. RIP.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Sad loss, what a player. Just about remember him as a pundit, 44 goals for England in 57 games. R.I.P.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom