How long have you been collecting?

lejackal

Grand Master
Since the 30th July 2014, an incomplete loose Falcon for £22. Bought a few baggies after that although tried various bits of SW collecting/buying/selling since March '14.
Now only buying vintage (apart from the Sainsbury's Kylo Ren Empire) and finally getting an idea of what I like and want to aim for.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Nice one sounds a good idea have been getting Stormtroopers cheap recently for my Death Star Trying to build up an Army.

kieatky

Jedi Master
I've been collecting on and off since the late 80's. Back then it was just car boots and jumble sales. Then started again in the early 00's, when I found out about E-Bay (it's the only reason I created an Evil Bay account).

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Evil bay lol, yer miss the days of finding them at carboots and jumble sales good times do some times still see them there but not very often.

Jediknight3263827

Jedi Master
Fell off a ladder 3 years ago and fractured my vertebrae, ended up off work for nearly 5 month and out of boredom i seen some figures on ebay and thought how cool it would be to get my old figures again :D
uneducated and foolish i bought a lot of figures that were not as described and with the help of TIG found out all my weapons was repro :x
Then i discovered this amazing seller called Iain :D bought some great figures off him and was introduced to this forum by him and as they say the rest is history

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
To long for what I have! MOC's since 1999, anything vintage since 1983. If your collecting for the right reasons then since yesterday is good for me. :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
I probably starting collecting in a bigger way around 97-98 with the release on the Jun Planning Nightmare before Christmas 16" range. Star wars wasn't something I was particularly picking up as I was into Kid Robot type figures at first and not really thinking about vintage items.

As for star wars it was probably around 2006-7 with the discovery of ebay. Actually the first item I picked up was a loose farm boy Luke from a shop in Canterbury when I first starting seeing my future wife and that inspired me to put together the first 12 loose, which the bulk came from ebay. I didn't even have a computer at the time and had to use one in an internet cafe to place my bids :lol:. It was probably the Christmas of 07 that I bought my first mocs which were repro ones from the US :eek: .Fortunately I realised very quickly that these wouldn't do and ended up getting Kenner ones. Those first 12 I then sold and went all out for Palitoy reseals and never looked back!

It's funny writing this out as looking at the dates it doesn't seem like that long ago I got into it. I must admit that through all my collecting time I've always picked up different toys, both new and old and at the moment tend to be buying non Star Wars items (other than lego and some TFA ones). For me having a diverse collection is what brings me the most happiness and even though I do buy modern items they tend to all be based things from my childhood with a retro style to them (like the 3A and Mezco Judge Dredd line and reaction figures).

I've no plans on stopping collecting at this point but may need to work on getting a new cabinet to display a few more of them.

Ian

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
On and off since '94, so over 20 years. I have never sold up completely, but have gone through periods of not buying much or selling off some things to raise cash (eg when I bought a property a few years back.)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom