Help with identifying these vintage toys?

subzero

Sith Lord
I rediscovered these cute little robot dinosaur key rings from my childhood on ebay so I bought them for my collection. I remember having them but unfortunately do not remember where I bought them from, my only guess is my local indoor market where they used to have a couple of toy shops that sold random 'cheapo toys'.

I can only find one site discussing these key rings and it's apparently a mystery as to which company made them and where, nobody knows, and there are no markings on them at all. It seems people in a few different countries across Europe and the US remember getting these around the late 80's ( like myself ), with one saying he remembers getting his one as a prize at an arcade. The theory is is that they were made in China ( most likely ) and distributed to businesses around the world to sell as cheap gifts, so most likely toy shops, market stalls, arcades, egg-machines etc.

I'm just interested to know if anyone remembers these at all?, and even better if you remember where they were sold?.. but if not then at least you got to see a little bit of obscure 80's culture. :D

Thanks.
IMG_20200624_155307.jpg

IMG_20200624_155336.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom