Help with G1 Prime- Little Gold Men

SOJ

Sith Lord
My childhood Optimus Prime came with several little gold men. I only have 1 left.

Can anyone point me to any info on these? I can't find anything online either reference Material or any eBay auctions including them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 82

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
One of my favourite childhood toys, still have mine in good nick but can't recall it having gold men. Will have to have a look tomorrow but pretty certain it doesn't have them with it.

Be interested if you find out what they exactly were and if they were limited to only a number of Optimus Primes.

jackabina

Sith Lord
Certainly not released with the Prime Dan.
There was a G1 Sparkplug and Spike figure set to go with Prime, but they were articulated and not gold.
I'll try and find out :wink:

SOJ

Sith Lord
He sits comfortably in the cockpit of the middle launcher in the trailer, in the seats on the inside of the sides on trailer, in roller and in prime's cab.

I've wondered recently it they're a hangover from the orginal japanese incarnation?

I'm certain this came with Prime, although it was 30 odd years ago. Happy to be proven wrong.

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
jackabina said:
Certainly not released with the Prime Dan.
There was a G1 Sparkplug and Spike figure set to go with Prime, but they were articulated and not gold.
I'll try and find out :wink:

Prime was originally a Diaclone toy they were originally transforming vehicles piloted by humanoids. The original prime Diaclone came with two gold figures which sat in the cockpit of the truck. This is an early version of the G1 Prime

SOJ

Sith Lord
Can you point me to anywhere on the net that has more info on this?

Palifan

Sith Lord
SonOfJango said:
Can you point me to anywhere on the net that has more info on this?

I'd love to know as well as I've had a look into it myself and although I can find a mention of the Diaclone drivers originally with Prime, I can't find any pictures. Maybe you've got something super rare?

One thing I did find was this link with a UK addition in a gold box - http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com/2012/09/maz-and-vf1s-diaclone-and-transformers.html

Did you have this one?

Ian

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I might be completely wrong on this as I am not a Transformers collector, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here but did they definitely come with him?

They look like zoids pilots to me.

Have a look here and see what you think.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-TOMY-ZOID-Head-Pilot-Gold-Figure-/131099849437

SOJ

Sith Lord
No it was the black and red standard box, think I got in '84 in the summer holidays when they'd show 5minutes of an episode per day on wacca-day. It was definately early on.

I found the site:

http://www.oocities.org/futuristgroup/vprime.html

The guy reckons they're from a line called starriors and not a Prime accessory. But I'd never heard of or seen a Starrior until I found his site. Anyone else heard of them?

Quote from the site:
"Oh, and for those of you that keep trying to claim that the little chrome guy is an acc to Prime's trailer: knock it off :) That was a Starriors pilot figure. Trust me on this :) I built an entire website just to prove the point. hehe."

First reference to chrome men I've found, so going in the right direction.

SOJ

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
I might be completely wrong on this as I am not a Transformers collector, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here but did they definitely come with him?

They look like zoids pilots to me.

Have a look here and see what you think.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-TOMY-ZOID-Head-Pilot-Gold-Figure-/131099849437

I think you might of nailed it, I did have some Zoids (looking at a couple yesterday with Jackabina funnily enough) and I wonder if I mixed them up with Prime.

I didn't have any until a while after I got Prime though. Arghhhh, need to butterfly effect back into my 5 year old self.

This Starriors thing is odd though.

SOJ

Sith Lord
Just googled Starriors and they were also a Tomy line the same as Zoids. I think the mystery is over. No ultra rare Prime, not that I'd ever sell him.

Thanks fellas , this has been bothering me for a while.

jackabina

Sith Lord
Great thread Dan. I knew they weren't G1. Great to find out the source of these little fella's.
Getting nostalgic for my G1 now :roll:

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
seems you gys allready figured it out, but those little gold pilots are indeed from the zoids line.
Zoids had some really cool dinosaurs back in the days. I remember haven the T-Rex and Pterodactyl like robots

SOJ

Sith Lord
jackabina said:
Great thread Dan. I knew they weren't G1. Great to find out the source of these little fella's.
Getting nostalgic for my G1 now :roll:

Stay on target

Palifan

Sith Lord
Well that's that mystery solved and it's also why it looked so familiar to me as I had the spider Zoid growing up (and still do although I'm not sure if the gold guy is still there).

Nice one :D

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom