Votes: 10 34.5%
  • X-Wing with no sound

Votes: 17 58.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Then i also learned something today, I though I had seen us esb boxes 😂 but also canadian.

Yes danish kids was not happy with that I guess :( I am not sure about when star wars toy first came to denmark. But it was late that the big shops began to sell it.

I remember a guy that sold me his childhood lot to me here in denmark maybe 10 years ago. He was a few years older than me and told me that he could not buy star wars in denmark in the stores he visited in the late 70s and when the esb came out he could in 1980 he could still not find the new esb toy in denmark. But he had family in usa that bought star wars to him and his brother and mailed them to denmark to them. So all his star wars toy was bought in usa. I only got 50% of the lot because his brother had the other part of the lot and he would not sell his star wars toy. But it was a nice lot I got maybe 50 figures most complete with weapons and maybe 5 vehicles, 1 playset and a tauntaun. So they got a lot from usa.

I would not say star wars not sold in denmark in the late 70s and very early 80s. I am sure a few shops maybe in copenhagen imported star wars. But most kids bought toy in the local toy store so not many kids could buy star wars or saw star wars in the stores. First later between 1980 and 1983 the big toy stores began to import star wars and sell it and then the shops were full with star wars all over the country. But I can't still confirm if it was in 1980, 81, 82 or 83. I only remember back to about 1983 where I was 4 years old and the toy stores I visited was full of esb star wars toy.
That's very interesting, and you've done well both to research the history of Star Wars toys in Denmark, and to pick up childhood lots that included imports from the USA! There can't have been that many Danes that imported Star Wars toys from America back then (or received significant numbers of them from friends or family in the States), and so for you to find one of them, buy their collection, and for it to be mostly complete? That's pretty impressive, so well done!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
That's very interesting, and you've done well both to research the history of Star Wars toys in Denmark, and to pick up childhood lots that included imports from the USA! There can't have been that many Danes that imported Star Wars toys from America back then (or received significant numbers of them from friends or family in the States), and so for you to find one of them, buy their collection, and for it to be mostly complete? That's pretty impressive, so well done!
Thanks, There was also toy in the lot that I normally do not find in danish childhood lots like the early r2-d2 and c-3po. They are extremly rare to find in danish childhood lots. I also remember the imperial attack base was in the lot. I also think the imperial attack was also not sold in denmark. But again a few small toy stores can have imported this 2 figures and that playset to denmark. But not from this lot since it all came from his family in usa. I just wish I also could have bought his brothers star wars toy just for the research :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
B-Wing Fighter Vehicle and X-Wing with no sound are winners. They had a big fight about the 1st place. Thanks for all the votes (y)

Latest posts

Top Bottom