Forum Figure of the Year 2022 - Quarter Final - Match 1

Forum Figure of the Year 2022 - QF M1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Keep checking back over next few days as the Quarter finals will be released one a day for the next four days.

This opener for the last 8 sees defending champion Yoda take up the title defence challenge against IG-88.

Yoda is currently the most successful figure to have ever competed, a semi finlaist in 2014, 2015, 2018 and 2019 before finally overcoming those rounds when he finally managed to reach the final in 2020 before losing to Leia Boushh. Eventually in 2021 the little mean green fighting machine finally broke through and gained victory beating Luke Bespin in the final.
Yoda has seen off Threepio and R2 in the knockouts and topped a group which contained 2014 champion Stormtrooper, once again he's looking tough to beat.

IG-88 doesn't quite have the pedigree of Yoda, before this contest started it was currently the 21st most successful figure, although that could rise into the top twenty with this years performance. Once before in 2020 did IG reach the quarter finals. But in 2021 it failed to clear the group stages. This year IG-88 has seen off both Leia Poncho and Hoth Rebel Soldier in the knockouts and finished runner up to Jawa in Group M, although doing well IG hasn't had such a formidable opponent as Yoda yet to take on, could be a bridge too far.

PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR FAVOURITE FIGURE

VOTING CLOSES ON SATURDAY 12th FEBRUARY @9pm

QF M1.jpeg

sith-smith

Grand Master
Gone for IG. Love the bounty hunter figures and the first 10 ESB characters are my 2nd favourite set, after the first 12 :cool:

morrid12

Padawan
IG-88 has really grown on me since I touched back into things at Xmas but Yoda exudes character so I've gone for him.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Voting over and after looking like possibly being eliminated the defending champion comes back to take the victory 16-14, he was 13-10 down at one point. Yoda looking good for a title defence

Latest posts

Top Bottom