feel old

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
walking past that change maching they have at morrisons with kid who works with me and noticed someone had left a load off old half pennies.
i said look at all them half pennies and he said what the **** are they :oops: :oops:
hes 19 ,i felt so old :lol: :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I remember the auld half pence coins, and the old (larger) 5p coins etc. Only got very very vague memories of the Ã'£1 note though.

Jabba your slave doesn't remember 1/2 pence coins, my mrs didn't know there had been a first Gulf war and, in all honesty, thought George Foreman was a Chef!
She refused to believe me that he was a boxer! :roll:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Could so easily make a joke about Scots being tight fisted...........but I won't! :lol:

boba frett

Jedi Master
I can remember buying half penny chews as a kid and when a packet of crisps was 12 and a half pence. ! think the half penny was removed in about 1984.

The one pound note survived a bit longer. I still remember using them in the late 1980's. ****ing maggie stole our milk and pound notes! :lol:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
boba frett said:
I can remember buying half penny chews as a kid and when a packet of crisps was 12 and a half pence. ! think the half penny was removed in about 1984.

The one pound note survived a bit longer. I still remember using them in the late 1980's. ****ing maggie stole our milk and pound notes! :lol:

you used to get a mojo for half pence ,then when they scrapped them you got 2 for a penny.i remember crisps being 12p as well .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom