Farthest From 12th December 2021

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I sadly couldn't make it this year and it was a shame not to have some time to spend with members on here who attended. There's always next year but it's a shame to hear that the prices have been raised so much for a show like this. It does make me wonder if people ended up selling much if the prices were high and it also takes some of the enjoyment from vintage collecting. I tend to collect a lot of different vintage toy lines these days but the prices have gone up everywhere so I'm getting less and less.

Still, can't complain really as I'm happy with my lot and I've pretty much ran out of space to put anything......I guess my wife will be happy at least lol!

Are there any pictures though from Sunday? I'd love to see what there was on sale there and some friendly faces :)

Ian
I'm sorry to say this…but there are loads on FB.😔
I didn't take any myself, I know that Jason did.

scooternick

Jedi Knight
Enjoyed Sunday too. The early bird session was super busy at the start, I did a quick circuit and got out for some 'fresh' air until things settled down a bit! There still seemed to be a lot of boxed/moc items left on the sellers tables towards the end which may be a reflection of current prices - hopefully this won't put off sellers turning up next time, I'm sure it won't......

I mainly look out for MOCs but didn't see many where I felt the condition mirrored the asking price tbh. This is subjective and others probably disagree. Enjoyed seeing transformers and mask make an appearance too.

Recommend the pasty shop down the road!!

lejackal

Grand Master
I sadly couldn't make it this year and it was a shame not to have some time to spend with members on here who attended. There's always next year but it's a shame to hear that the prices have been raised so much for a show like this. It does make me wonder if people ended up selling much if the prices were high and it also takes some of the enjoyment from vintage collecting. I tend to collect a lot of different vintage toy lines these days but the prices have gone up everywhere so I'm getting less and less.

Still, can't complain really as I'm happy with my lot and I've pretty much ran out of space to put anything......I guess my wife will be happy at least lol!

Are there any pictures though from Sunday? I'd love to see what there was on sale there and some friendly faces :)

Ian
I imagine a degree of it is "look what I've got" (don't want to sell) and a liberal sprinkling of "catch a few out with daft prices" (will milk the cash cow)
Its a shame really but I expect the same will happen with the celebrity dealers at the NEC in a couple of weeks.

SOJ

Sith Lord
I imagine a degree of it is "look what I've got" (don't want to sell) and a liberal sprinkling of "catch a few out with daft prices" (will milk the cash cow)
Its a shame really but I expect the same will happen with the celebrity dealers at the NEC in a couple of weeks.
I think the squeeze on the cost living next year might cause prices start to slip back. In late 2019 before COVID hit it's definitely felt there was fall. Star Wars tracker supports this somewhat for many items.

spoons

Grand Master
Another FF under the belt.
Had a great day on Sunday mainly catching up with people I hadn't seen for 2 years.
I too walked away empty handed, but that's often the case for me a FF, there is either so much that I'm looking for or nothing I'm interested in at that time.
I think it's just a sign of having collected for a while now and the wants list gets smaller and hence harder to find in the condition I will accept.
Although I was bery tempted by a 20 Han that was a very reasonable price…
Looking forward to the next one in 22.

I'm not sure we've said hello in person Nick, will definitely do so at the next FF

Echo the thoughts above, it really was a well stocked FF, picked up a fair bit of vintage and fantastic seeing everyone - even if only in passing. Sorry Scott, Rich and I sloped off early so missed the chance to catch up after Gus's talk

Here is my eclectic haul

Attachments

• 2CC28EE8-0F62-4515-B52B-57DD07FBEC88.jpeg
    2CC28EE8-0F62-4515-B52B-57DD07FBEC88.jpeg
    280.2 KB · Views: 57

spoons

Grand Master

Attachments

• 753F7A4A-8383-424C-8196-EFD48B873321.jpeg
    753F7A4A-8383-424C-8196-EFD48B873321.jpeg
    460.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 7588FE1B-FD2C-4A04-9889-179C4EC57E5A.jpeg
    7588FE1B-FD2C-4A04-9889-179C4EC57E5A.jpeg
    481.1 KB · Views: 68
  • BB5EC469-AA38-4742-91C7-644F46550955.jpeg
    BB5EC469-AA38-4742-91C7-644F46550955.jpeg
    380 KB · Views: 62
  • CB48304E-9F8D-4331-BC8E-4C1672FF9AEF.jpeg
    CB48304E-9F8D-4331-BC8E-4C1672FF9AEF.jpeg
    459.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 4581E99A-6FE5-4232-A55E-12AA010767D0.jpeg
    4581E99A-6FE5-4232-A55E-12AA010767D0.jpeg
    362.7 KB · Views: 61

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'm not sure we've said hello in person Nick, will definitely do so at the next FF

Echo the thoughts above, it really was a well stocked FF, picked up a fair bit of vintage and fantastic seeing everyone - even if only in passing. Sorry Scott, Rich and I sloped off early so missed the chance to catch up after Gus's talk

Here is my eclectic haul
You are correct Andy we have never had a chat in person, i sat behind you during Fantha Tracks presentation/podcast, but had to nip off before it ended.
Hey theres always next time…😀

spoons

Grand Master
You are correct Andy we have never had a chat in person, i sat behind you during Fantha Tracks presentation/podcast, but had to nip off before it ended.
Hey theres always next time…😀
I didn't realise that was you - next time!

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Has anyone been able to get hold of Dave recently?

I preordered Matthias cromalin strikes back book but obviously couldn't collect it at FF since he wasn't there. I've tried emailing and phoning Dave just to find out what the situation is but haven't been able to get through at all.

Anyone else in the same boat?

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Has anyone been able to get hold of Dave recently?

I preordered Matthias cromalin strikes back book but obviously couldn't collect it at FF since he wasn't there. I've tried emailing and phoning Dave just to find out what the situation is but haven't been able to get through at all.

Anyone else in the same boat?
He's selling at Devon Comic Con all this weekend.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom