Emperor Cane variants

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi guys, I have been looking at some of my emperor canes and saw there was different colors :?

the one to the left is black I have many of them but the 2 others are different. They are more grey black.

Have any of you seen them before ?

They are not in the tig guide.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Is there no one who knows anything about this canes ?

Could the dark be kenner and the grey black be tri-logo ?

.Q.

Jedi Master
Lars, you've piqued my curiosity.

I have two loose Emperors, both from my own childhood. One was definitely the mail-away as I have a shoebox of backers with name plates cut out from back in the day, loved getting my freebies in the post! The other is from a Tri-logo, which I still have the backing card from. Not sure how I ended up getting that Tri-logo, maybe as a gift from a bargain bin where some kind relative was unaware I already had one.

Anyway, I've just dug them out of my cabinet and checked the canes. Was surprised to see that they do indeed seem to be slightly different colours, one kind of 'brown' black and the other a 'grey' black.

Both figures seem to be COO #1 and any difference between the figures is negligible / non-existent.

Sorry I can't confirm which cane came with which figure, but I think you may be onto something with the different cane colours, although it's quite subtle! :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Thanks mate for the information.

Great to know that you also have different canes and that they are from your childhood.

this need a lot more research :D

Jedi_june

Sith Lord
Not sure if this is much help but I found this mail away emperor Baggie on eBay and it has a black cane not sure of the coo can't tell on the pic.

Does anyone on here have emperor baggies & mocs????? Just to see which came with what cane?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Jedi_june said:
Not sure if this is much help but I found this mail away emperor Baggie on eBay and it has a black cane not sure of the coo can't tell on the pic.

Does anyone on here have emperor baggies & mocs????? Just to see which came with what cane?

I have a baggie and 1 or 2 moc, but it is hard to see the color on moc.

Maybe I should check my baggie :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Jedi_june said:
A lot of the figures I see have the black cane so those seem to be more common than the grey/black

I think you are right about that, first I thought the grey/black could have been repro. But if others have them in childhood collections then they could not be repro. I only have a few of those grey/black and a lot black ones.

I have a Tri-logo and there is a little hole in the bottom of the bubble. So I could get the cane out and it is Black/grey. But I can't confirm it 100% maybe the last owner have removed the cane and put this one back. But then again who would remove one original cane and put another cane in there.

So could this one be a Tri-logo cane ? does any of you guys have tri-logo moc that can confirm this ?

Jedi_june

Sith Lord
That's very interesting Lars. Can't wait to see what happens, hopefully someone has a nice moc example to see the cane. I'm suprised that TIG only has the black cane????? Did you ever think it's Lili Ledy?? :shock: but prob doubt it right since you say u have a lot and Ledy Accesories are a bit rare.

Hopefully the mystery gets solved :mrgreen:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Jedi_june said:
That's very interesting Lars. Can't wait to see what happens, hopefully someone has a nice moc example to see the cane. I'm suprised that TIG only has the black cane????? Did you ever think it's Lili Ledy?? :shock: but prob doubt it right since you say u have a lot and Ledy Accesories are a bit rare.

Hopefully the mystery gets solved :mrgreen:

No I don't think lili ledy made the emperor cane. The Lili Ledy emperor was sold with a black Chief Chirpa staff :D

I tried to compare it with a kenner moc and my baggie. But because of the small difference then it is very hard to see any difference because of the bubble and the bag.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
Interesting point & another thing uncovered, give yourself a pat on the back Lars.

Worthy of noting that the emperor is know in several baggie types 5 that I know of for sure, so the black/grey one may be in some?

Do you have some emperor baggies where you check it ?

I do not know what baggie variant I have :?

Thanks frank for the kind words :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Jedi_june said:
Pomse2001 said:
No I don't think lili ledy made the emperor cane. The Lili Ledy emperor was sold with a black Chief Chirpa staff :D

Wow I did not know that, learn something new everyday :D

Yes I think we all learn something new everyday :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
Will have a look when I get a mo for you Lars ;)

Mine will all be up on the guide when I get time/motivation buddy, I still have one more to get at least

Sweet Music in my ears frank, I can't wait :D

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
I just had a look at my 2 baggies, the one on the left is out of a Kenner mailer and has COO 4 the other is a Palitoy with COO 1. I've also had another Kenner mailer with green text(or faded blue) that had the same figure as my Palitoy, don't know what cane though.

Its very hard to see the slight colour difference through the baggies but I'd say mine are left glossy black one, the right if there is any difference then its the black middle one like In your first pic Lars

Pomse2001

Grand Master
thanks scott for the great information, I will update with pics of my moc and baggie when I come home :wink:

Jedi_june

Sith Lord
That's interesting, the Grey/Black canes could've been packed with Tri Logo's & Palitoy Baggies only. Can't wait to see what you come up with Lars.

Even the the colors on the cloak, face & hands are different.

This seems to be incomplete on coos but shows difference in colors.
http://www.highasakoit.co.uk/starwars/emperor.php

Edit: Weapons not shown on this link.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Jedi_june said:
That's interesting, the Grey/Black canes could've been packed with Tri Logo's & Palitoy Baggies only. Can't wait to see what you come up with Lars.

Even the the colors on the cloak, face & hands are different.

This seems to be incomplete on coos but shows difference in colors.
http://www.highasakoit.co.uk/starwars/emperor.php

Edit: Weapons not shown on this link.

Great link June, I will soon be home an update with some pictures :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom