DIY display cases

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Got a bargain on the car boot sale last week & have been busy DIY'ing these together as I have never had a dam thing to display my figures b4, & sick of spending out my hard earned on things that stay firmly sealed away in boxes in my loft.

They are both ex-jewelry watch display stands, needed a lot of work doing to make them suitable, but I'm nearly happy with them now, the one with the figures in has had peg's made up in the acrylic so I don't need stands for the figures, & I think they display better without stands, the other one is ready to be filled, just have no stands yet, I've left a gap down the middle so it allows light to pas through to the lower shelves, I can display the figures round the outer on the yellow backing & maybe a mini rig or some die-cast in the center.

They only cost me a tenner for the pair to & how about the size fit, quite a bonus & has chuffed me to bit's :mrgreen: .

What do you think guy's?.

Ps if anyone want a logo like on the stand with the figures in I can email you the template I made up earlier (not 100% but looks ok IMO) & is the best I can do with my old nail of a PC.

spoons

Grand Master
They look excellent 8) did you make the banner around the top of the figure case?

The whole thing looks very professional, you could start a new business :D

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
That looks pretty cool! 8)

Gotta sort something out for my collection some time I can actually be arsed!

Frunkstar

Grand Master
spoons said:
They look excellent 8) did you make the banner around the top of the figure case?

The whole thing looks very professional, you could start a new business :D

Thanks guy's, must say I am happy, be happier when I get some stands to fill the other one though.

The banner round the top is what I was on about at the end of the post, if you want one (or more)? I can forward you the template, then just print it off & laminate it ;)

I do plan on replacing it soon though as I'm not happy with the quality yet & need to move the logo off to the right some to make it look more in line with the card backs.

Only done with standard printer paper 2, so I will have to get some glossy stuff next time round.

I was considering the idea of making cases as I know the lads at the local acrylic workshop & also a man who has his owb acrylic production workshop including cnc equipment :D & don't fancy shelling out & waiting an age for star cases from the US, sure I could get them knocked up cheaper & of the same quality in UV resisant to..

You think it would be worth investing in a small busines making display cases for figures & ships etc, as I have not seen anyone in the UK making any of quality.

Worth a look?

spoons

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
I was considering the idea of making cases as I know the lads at the local acrylic workshop & also a man who has his owb acrylic production workshop including cnc equipment :D & don't fancy shelling out & waiting an age for star cases from the US, sure I could get them knocked up cheaper & of the same quality in UV resisant to..

You think it would be worth investing in a small busines making display cases for figures & ships etc, as I have not seen anyone in the UK making any of quality.

Worth a look?

There's certainly a gap in the market for acrylic cases, there is someone who makes them in the UK but they sell for about Ã'£12 + postage. Oscar's cases are cheap but not with postage to the UK. - They average about Ã'£10 - Ã'£15 depending on how many you buy.

If there was a UK case for about Ã'£10 inc. postage I'd be happy :D

Frunkstar

Grand Master
boba frett said:
Nice find there 8)

How much did you pay for the display stand?

You need to read more Fett :lol:

Like I said - the pair cost me a tenner -Ã'£10, but they needed a lot of work to make them right.

I will look in to the logistics of having cases made, would be a whole range of cases for loose/carded & boxed stuff if I did it.

Thanks for all the kind words, I will take a few close up's later.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom