db94 and daughters collection updated July 2014

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Posted some pictures in the modern section to test the water as I know there isn't a lot of love for the new figures and ships and I display them side by side - I took all my figures and put them together for a complete 77 picture then realised I am still missing a few as they are safely tucked away in a box waiting for fathers day and my next birthday! Most are my originals but got to say a big thank you to Djbighair and itfciain for helping me finish my 77 :D

h_zps67fe9a51.jpg

When I saw the new old style vintage packaging it obviously brought back lots of happy memories and thought it would be a nice (and cheap) way to display my originals against vintage card backs - but seeing them has only made me want original moc's so maybe not so cheap in the long run!

l_zpsd03641df.jpg
j_zpsb5ff5018.jpg

k_zpsc5d2c34b.jpg
f_zps32893864.jpg

Think the vintage and modern display well together and it's only when you compare them side by side you realise that the vintage is every bit as detailed as the new stuff, makes you appreciate the vintage even more.

c_zps7edbfbb0.jpg
9_zps7bde1478.jpg

10_zpsfea41d83.jpg
11_zps4488748d.jpg

11_zps5dcf6804.jpg
12_zpsd1863608.jpg

My wife has been good enough to let me have the spare room, the pictures are from the fan club packs from the 80's complete with authentic rips, creases and blu tac stains :)
15_zps316a36bc.jpg
e_zps321ef58b.jpg

2_zpsfa327aec.jpg
1_zps20688e61.jpg

DSC04248_zps0e7b37f6.jpg
DSC04254_zps0db26837.jpg

DSC04256_zps04324f56.jpg
DSC04257_zpsc39cf341.jpg

Millennium Falcon instruction sheet - pride of place on the wall. Was gutted when I noticed I had scribbled Sally Ann Howes on it. I googled the name and then remembered I was in love with her when I was a kid :lol:

d_zpsd7b573fa.jpg
stuk_zps3c92ba86.jpg

My favourite shelf, just a bit of everything - Texas Instruments digital watch, pencils from fan club, curtains and bedding and my very first lightsaber :D

uk4_zpsb0337479.jpg

Only been on here since December but can't get enough of it - great crowd, cheers guys
Colin.

Update July 2014

Thought it was time for a quick update for my (and my daughters) collection. Moved away from the vintage/modern comparison set up as I wanted to concentrate more on vintage.

Loose figures get top shelves (because that's where it all started) then my cardbacks and baggies, then my slowly growing MOC's and boxed mini rigs. All my modern MOC's now on a separate unit, still a few I'm after but not too many.
IMG_1099_zps7f3564a4.jpg
IMG_1081_zpsd843a970.jpg

Few more vintage ships but you'll notice the obvious space behind Y Wing for my B Wing that I am getting for xmas this year :D
Master Replicas Sabers and Blasters - looking to add the Jedi training remote so if anyone sees one for sale please give me a shout

IMG_1077_zpsca036029.jpg

IMG_1079_zps07c3604a.jpg

WP_000189_zpsb0304327.jpg

Daughters room - she's setting up various scenes from the trilogy including Hoth battle, Jabba palace, Bespin freezing chamber, Endor and Tatooine. What I really like is she is mixing vintage and modern figures for them all. Makes buying little presents really easy as well as she is always looking for figures to add to them.

IMG_1092_zps2a6af281.jpg

IMG_1091_zps2ae2052f.jpg

IMG_1090_zps09ec586d.jpg

IMG_1087_zps7789c732.jpg

IMG_1088_zps0ab5785f.jpg

IMG_1094_zps9dc55f0c.jpg

IMG_1093_zpseefe51e9.jpg

IMG_0650_zpsa505e1cc.jpg

IMG_0592_zps53ac57e0.jpg

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
50th post - I just ignited my lightsaber
I'm actually embarrassed how chuffed that has made me :D

escapist

Jedi Knight
Said it before and I'll say it again, amazing setup! So envious and nice to see a fellow modern fan (though I am a loose collector!). And please do tell us the best way to hang up a Millennium Falcon and Y Wing!!!!

Joe

Grand Master
Cracking collection room, you fooled me with the mirror! I thought that was the entrance to even more Star Wars goodies :D

x-pack

Grand Master
Love it. What a great room to keep your collection in.

The Falcon reminded me of that scene where Han latches onto the Star Destroyer in ESB. So cool

.Q.

Jedi Master
Joe said:
Cracking collection room, you fooled me with the mirror! I thought that was the entrance to even more Star Wars goodies :D

Hehehe, that twisted my melon too.

Excellent collection and set-up Sir, the comparison pieces are cool, a most stylish room!

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Love the way you've done the old with the new Colin, does make the modern look more appealing to me. Looking forward to see how your collection grows over the next year.

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Fantastic collection Colin, I agree with Chris when he says the vintage figures make the modern more appealing.

Really nice clean setup mate looking forward to watching it grow and grow and grow and grow and grow......................... :D

Frunkstar

Grand Master
You can see just how much thought has gone in to this Colin, bloody great display & IMO one of the best I have ever seen, love the figures placed in front of the MOC's - looks neat, I would also love to know how you mounted the ships on the walls as I do like that a LOT!

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Cheers for all the great comments - wasn't sure how well my mixed display would go down but glad everyone agrees the new stuff highlights how good our vintage stuff really is - as I said earlier all that amazing detail is there.

Got a few more modern moc's to get - R5-D4, Logray and Lando Skiff and that'll be as many of my original 77 with a modern backdrop as possible just now but hopefully when Star Wars 3D is in the cinema again they'll have the sense to release the original 12 on a vintage card back - if they do I'll buy 2 boxes, one to open and display and the other to impress my (I'm assuming star wars brainwashed) grandchildren "yeah kids, granda has a box of the 12 backs moc up in the loft" :lol:

I have a few things hidden away for upcoming presents, vintage figures that I mentioned earlier to make up my 77, a modern Y Wing and modern speederbike from the USA (thanks to a nice trade on RS to avoid royal mail admin fees!) these will all look great next to their vintage counterparts :D

Now going to concentrate on baggies and possibly one or 2 MOC's depending on funds - any spare cash will be spent on vintage as that's where I'm getting the most enjoyment.

Ships on the wall - well I tried my best to make an easy job over complicated and difficult but my wife stepped in and sorted it out. Strong gardening twine looped round the rear legs on the Falcon, legs then pushed back up inside and it was then easy to hang from a normal picture hook, with another hook under front landing leg to set the angle.

Y Wing was similar but this time used fishing line looped round the body which is almost invisible but very strong so great for displaying ships.

Definitely get a lot of enjoyment out my room, working late on the computer is never a problem anymore - probably because since December I spend all my free time on here instead of working :D

Colin.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
My wife would just like to point out we do not have grandchildren yet, our wee quine is only 16 - but I am supremely confident that just like her they will be SW brainwashed :lol:

I should probably post a picture of her room - makes me proud :D

Colin

Latest posts

Top Bottom