Current Prices

e30318is

Sith Lord
I have just done a completed listing search for a few things and for fun I just priced up a set of complete L17 figures in minty condition complete with weapons... The price comes to an almost unbelievable £500 :shock:
High end stuff is booming, everything else is so flat. It means there are some major moc bargains to be had, loose wise complete ESB and Jedi figures are going for next to nothing- it seems people only want SW or POTF at the mo.
What do you think- short term or is this the reality for the forseeable future?

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
I dunno Ed mate. The fact that the Last 17 in mint condition are going for around the £500 mark doesnt set alarm bells ringing for me.

There may some truth in the low prices for ESB and ROTJ loose figures at the moment. I havent searched loose fig prices in a while. Its normally the case that if the figures are proper mint they will always do well unless you list them at some obscure hour.

Definitely gonna keep my eye out for some MOC bargains though! That sounds appealing. 8)

e30318is

Sith Lord
Caswellbot said:
Definitely gonna keep my eye out for some MOC bargains though! That sounds appealing. 8)

:lol: there have been a few I have just forgot to bid on, the one I am most pissed about is a Palitoy Jawa that I just missed the end of the auction... I would have paid double the finish price :roll:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Star-Wars-Ret...nFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item27badb9c84

That is a great price, even considering the condition! I have considered selling a load of my MOCs on, but the prices are so crap for "average" carded stuff I will have to hold on for a bit. My plan is sell thirty odd on and buy one or two knock out MOCs. Not yet though.

Joe

Grand Master
SW+ POTF have always been the highest selling figures.

I have a US magazine from the 90's which I bought because of the price guide, SW+POTF prices were close if not almost the same to nowadays yet ESB + ROTJ figures were really cheap, you could apparently buy a Tri ERG for $40 and a Tri Ackbar for $25 lol (I would be laughing if I could get them at those prices now) and that was across the board all Foreign and Kenner ESB/ROTJ was cheap with only the earliest and the latest releases being pricey.

I think the demand for SW stuff is because it's the oldest and the demand for POTF is because they are all deemed "rarer" than other figures due to the relatively small production run compared to the other figures and let's face it ESB + ROTJ didn't really have any super exciting characters for people to go bonkers on.

Each year for some reason there seems to be a surge in prices around the summer even if nothing Star Wars is happening on the telly or in the cinemas, then in the colder months it kind of drops off and you can get some bargains- Maybe its the Christmas factor with people saving?

One thing is for sure, ebay is full of people with fat wallets or maxed out credit cards - I would feel terrible if I actually overpaid for something toy related :lol:

itfciain

Grand Master
I can pretty much agree with all that has been said.

I have recently had a change of focus and have been buying up a few MOC's (in fact I got a couple form the seller of that Jawa and was not too impressed with the packaging).

In order to do this I have sold off a few of my Last 17 and got the following for them:-

Yak - £68.00 (I always get good prices for my Yak's as I open them up to the US market)
Amanaman - £51.00 - next to mint but still top end
EV9D9 - £43.00 - decent price considering one arm came out
A-Wing Pilot - £37.00 - a crazy price esp as he did not have his weapon
Imperial Dignitary - £30.00 - very much top end even though there wasnt any nose rub

I am not complaining as I have managed to pic up some very nice MOC's with the money. I know that later on down the line I will be able to replace them (and probably for less money). In my head I view the MOC cards to be much rarer than the loose figures.

DarthSwales

Padawan
The fact that the L17 are very pricey does not surprise me, but perhaps the reason that ESB and ROTJ loose figures aren't as popular as ANH loose figures is because there are more new loose collectors at the moment who are starting off from the beginning?

sith-smith

Grand Master
When I started collecting more seriously back in 99, the last 17 were going for those kind of prices and more. And that was 12 years ago.

Prices have and alway will do silly things. None of them are fixed by anything absolute and arecompletely determined by who's buying and what they are willing to pay.

Funny old game

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes prices fluctuate all the time, when I started buying MOCs in the mid 90s tri logos were the cheapest by far, and now they're possibly the most expensive. It won't last forever - the trick is to buy thing when they're NOT fashionable. Otherwise you risk paying a fortune for things that will inevitably one day drop in value (if that bothers you.)

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
In that case maybe there is space for a section entitled "Whats hot and whats not?"

It could go a little something like this:

Non Mover at number 15 its Luke Tatooine on an original Palitoy Star Wars 12 Back.
Down three places to number 306 is the Kenner 77 back Rebel Commando.

We need some "Trend" spotters! :lol:

e30318is

Sith Lord
Great idea for a thread....

One I have noticed is 12-18 months ago loose Cartoon Droids and Ewoks were fetching amazing money- they have definately fallen (Theres a nice Cartoon R2 D2 for £40 on RS, even without the saber thats a hell of a lot cheaper than 18 months ago!

Chewie

Jedi Master
If you can get a full set of loose Last 17 in MINT condition for £500....I think you're doing well :wink:

Here's what i've paid for mine....Though they are MINTY MINT :D

Lumat £15.00
Paploo £10.01
R2-D2 POPUP £70.00
A-Wing £30.00
Han Carbonite £35.00
Imperial Dignitary £29.00
Imperial Gunner £50.00
Luke Stormtrooper £67.00 (AFA)
Anakin £10.50
Amanaman £60.00 (AFA)
Barada £30.84
EV-9D9 £56.55
Lando Pilot £30.00
Luke Poncho £42.50
Romba £25.00
Warok £35.00
Yak Face £125.00 (AFA)

Equals a grand total of £721.40 :?

plantman

Sith Lord
Now is a great time to buy, like stated above, all non high end items can be had for very good prices :)

VC jawa's, Palitoy moc ect have spiralled.

spoons

Grand Master
plantman said:
Now is a great time to buy, like stated above, all non high end items can be had for very good prices :)

VC jawa's, Palitoy moc ect have spiralled.

what is it with VC jawas, it wasn't that long ago that they couldbe had for £100 each - some have been reaching £300 recently :shock:

plantman

Sith Lord
I think its a trend blip, probably one seller bumped his price up to £300 and it sold, so everyone else follows suit.

I recently sold mine for £300, i remember buying 2 in c9 condition for £250 a year ago.

e30318is

Sith Lord
I rate a mint loose VC Jawa @£300 and a graded one (85) for £450+ They are regularly selling for those sums on RS.

The one I think is low is DT Luke- I think it is a much harder to find figure than a VC Jawa.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
It's the madness of vintage collecting. The VC jawa is a common, mass produced figure. There must be literally tens of thousands of them out there. Anybody paying £300 for one (or £450 for one in a plastic case) is insane :lol:

It also drives me mad that anything with Boba Fett on it automatically adds another 0 to the price, he's one of the most common figures out there loose or carded!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom