Clear bubble pricing

jared007

Padawan
Hi,

Just seen this one off the charts:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-KENNER-STAR-WARS-THE-EMPIRE-STRIKES-BACK-DENGAR-AFA-85-UNPUNCHED-/141780631033?hash=item2102c8bdf9&nma=true&si=uio2GduyaaacsK6k5WRGZTqk4m0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Is it the clear bubble here, or am I missing something. It's not exactly a rare figure/cardback combination?

Cheers, Jared.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
2 underbidders have 100% activity with the seller which isn't a complete red flag as he's had afew SW AFA's recently, but a couple of the other sales look very over-priced as well so maybe something suspicious going on. You could check whether they only bid on the items that went high. $785 for an Weequay in anyone's opinion would be very over-priced :eek:

Dengar isn't very easy to find 85/85/90 with a clear bubble, and it's unpunched and offerless which will attract some of the more anal collectors out there.

monkeyboy

Padawan
I've got a few ESB moc's and (in my opinion) there's a few reasons for this, Dengar is one of the more harder figures to find, the bubbles on Dengar always seem to be notoriously thin and it's hard to find one that hasnt been crushed, the bubble is clear which collectors will pay more for and finally it's an 85 which can easily achieve 30-50% over an 80 on most figures. Oh and as I see has just been pointed out, it's offerless aswell.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Debut card/figure combination as well. The ESB debut MOC's are starting to hit 12 back prices unfortunately. :roll:

That said still well overpriced.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom