car boot

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
after seeing mash,s bargain lot of he man stuff thought i would go and have a look at local boot sale tomorrow weather permitting
let you know if i get any bargains

Dom

Jedi Master
I do them every Sunday.

Last week haul included a Thundercats Snarf 50p, All three series of Bottom plus all four Critters films on DVD for a tenner and a rather nice bacon sandwich!!!!!

sith-smith

Grand Master
I used to hit the car boots in the early 90's. Used to massive amounts of stuff. If only I'd known then what i know now. :roll:

Got most of the last 17 for 50p 8)

Bollux

Grand Master
early 90's?

I was too young then!

bloody hell Smith! 50p?

I only have Anakin from the last 17

well and a crappy Luke Stormy and a Han without his carbonite, rubbish! :(

spoons

Grand Master
I got most of my collection from boot sales and flea markets in the early 90s - my best buys were Imperial Troop Transport for 5p and Luke Stormie for 75p

I also got a boxed Ewok Catapault filled with ewoks for Ã'£1 -those were the days.

York Race Course Car Boot sale used to be the best, there were dealers that used to go, selling Yak Faces for Ã'£10 - too much for me then, if only I could go back :(

The ones I go to these days only rarely have vintage stuff and then at big prices - is that just a southern thing?

sith-smith

Grand Master
Yep, Yak, amanaman, Luke, stormtrooper all 50p. THough amanaman didn't have a staff. :(

Just missed out on a barada for 50p though. I didn't realise back in those days he was a star wars figure.

I had no idea what all the last 17 were until about 94, when I bought Sansweet's book.

I was luck really to have recognised Yak face and Amanaman.

Bollux

Grand Master
I wish I could find a bargain at car boot sales, generally just see a load of old tat!

I only have one last 17 and thats Anakin!

apart from a crappy Luke Stormy thats going to be adapted into Han and I also have Han w/out his Carbonite...poor guy! :cry:

mash

Sith Lord
I go every sunday and normally get something quite decent the Heman was like winning the lottery dont think I will get another like that!!

This time of year is best for boot sales because everyone clears out for xmas.

Always haggle with the boot sellers they always give in!!! :D :D

I will let you know tomorow what bargain I got if i get one

mash

Jukesy

Sith Lord
The last car boot i went to (mid 90's) i picked up Amanaman for Ã'£10, at the time i thought that was a huge rip-off, hes certainly worth a tad more now!!

sith-smith

Grand Master
I couldn't believe how sudden the change was at car boot sales.

They were 50p each , then I cam back a fw weeks later and they were virtually all gone.

The only ones left were a few crappy ones. They guy said these are collectors items and was charging a couple of quid per figure.

Dom

Jedi Master
I used to go over to the states with suitcases full of last 17 picked up from bootsales and freeads. It was great I used to come home with 30+ carded figures every trip. Ah the good old days :roll:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
well no bargains though there was some action force figures for 25p and 2 beat up star wars for 50p but i did get a scarlectric for a fiver .
e and our lass havent let kids have a look in yet

Dom

Jedi Master
Picked up a complete set of Disney`s Gargoyles with Cattle for Ã'£2. An Indiana Jones snake from the well of souls playset that nevercame out in this country!! Some visionaries figures & hitch hikers guide on dvd for Ã'£1

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom