Buried/ lost in the back garden

subzero

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
edd_jedi said:
According to my mum I used to bury my Knight Rider car in the garden copying the episode where he got dumped in an acid pit

No way, I did this on Porthmear beach in St Ives with my Knight Rider car. I lost it their and then, never to be seen again. Remember digging all day for it and was gutted when it was time to go home.

:lol: It's probably still there!

subzero

Sith Lord
Best thing I ever found as a kid was a starter pistol in the bushes next to my house, still had the magazine in it and everything. :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
subzero said:
Best thing I ever found as a kid was a starter pistol in the bushes next to my house, still had the magazine in it and everything. :lol:

You wanna try growing up in Northern Ireland in the 80's.
We used to find White Phosphorous grenades on the bench all the time. The army dumped them in the sea and they washed up on the beach. Half the time they had gone off and their was White Phos everywhere. Obviously as kid you think it's cool.

subzero

Sith Lord
weasel said:
subzero said:

You wanna try growing up in Northern Ireland in the 80's.
We used to find White Phosphorous grenades on the bench all the time. The army dumped them in the sea and they washed up on the beach. Half the time they had gone off and their was White Phos everywhere. Obviously as kid you think it's cool.

Woah that's both awesome and terrifying, I would have been well excited finding that as a kid, that stuff though is supposed to be awful too so iv'e heard.

Scratch the starters pistol, that's just reminded me of another cool thing I found which was a red shotgun cartridge, found it lying in the grass on a farmers field near my area, I remember it had the dent where the pin hit it but didn't set it off. Walking back I stupidly had it on the floor trying to set it off by hitting it with a stone :shock: luckily it never worked, but I showed it to my dad and I watched him open it up and poured out all the pellets and gun powder.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
The bushes around my way seemed to be filled with an endless supply of grot mags. Not sure why they were there but when I got rid of my own I did the right thing and stuffed them neatly into bush ready for the next generation.
It was a bit like the bit when Rey takes the Jedi texts at the end of the last Jedi.

subzero

Sith Lord
Clarkspie&chips said:
The bushes around my way seemed to be filled with an endless supply of grot mags. Not sure why they were there but when I got rid of my own I did the right thing and stuffed them neatly into bush ready for the next generation.
It was a bit like the bit when Rey takes the Jedi texts at the end of the last Jedi.

:lol: :lol:

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
I do a bit of metal detecting every now and then and you would not believe the amount of cap guns , matchbox cars and other types of toys I turn up , most from the early 80's and before so wonder if playing out and burying our toys is a thing of the past, what with most kids now being glued to their I pads and gaming chairs , my sw, cars and action men spent most of there time in our old garden, I jog past my old house sometimes and am really temped to ask if I could dig in their garden /detect for my old treasured items :lol: :lol: :lol: think they would sh** themselves and call the cops :D

subzero

Sith Lord
bosk70 said:
I do a bit of metal detecting every now and then and you would not believe the amount of cap guns , matchbox cars and other types of toys I turn up , most from the early 80's and before so wonder if playing out and burying our toys is a thing of the past, what with most kids now being glued to their I pads and gaming chairs , my sw, cars and action men spent most of there time in our old garden, I jog past my old house sometimes and am really temped to ask if I could dig in their garden /detect for my old treasured items :lol: :lol: :lol: think they would sh** themselves and call the cops :D

That's amazing how much stuff you've been finding from that era, most 80's / early 90's kids ( at least all the ones I knew ) we all had computers but even then it was mostly the type of thing that would come out of an evening, even on weekends the priority always seemed to be toys and playing outside over computers. It's switched now though as kids only seem to play outside as a second choice when they get a little bored of their phone or computer, and even then when they're outside they're still staring at their phones anyway and not burying ****. :lol:

You should sneak into your old garden late at night dressed in black with the headphones on. 8) :lol:

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
subzero said:
bosk70 said:

That's amazing how much stuff you've been finding from that era, most 80's / early 90's kids ( at least all the ones I knew ) we all had computers but even then it was mostly the type of thing that would come out of an evening, even on weekends the priority always seemed to be toys and playing outside over computers. It's switched now though as kids only seem to play outside as a second choice when they get a little bored of their phone or computer, and even then when they're outside they're still staring at their phones anyway and not burying ****. :lol:

You should sneak into your old garden late at night dressed in black with the headphones on. 8) :lol:

I'll go in as a ninja aquachigger , nugget noggin style :lol: :lol: :lol: sure you have seen them before but if not check them on you tube,
I'll try and get a group photo of my toy finds to put up here , all the years I've detected never found anything of value only low value coins etc. some pocket knives, found a safe plaque once but no safe :lol: and my detecter was top of the range in the early 90's :)

subzero

Sith Lord
bosk70 said:
subzero said:
bosk70 said:

I'll go in as a ninja aquachigger , nugget noggin style :lol: :lol: :lol: sure you have seen them before but if not check them on you tube,
I'll try and get a group photo of my toy finds to put up here , all the years I've detected never found anything of value only low value coins etc. some pocket knives, found a safe plaque once but no safe :lol: and my detecter was top of the range in the early 90's :)

Sweet looking forward to seeing the pics, there's something cool about seeing old things from people's pasts resurfacing. Iv'e had half thoughts of trying out detecting myself over the years under the assumption i'd be finding gold all over the place, but then I realise how much of a lottery that would actually be. :lol:

You might have heard of that find though in the UK about 3 years back of that hoard of Saxon gold?, that was actually my uncle and his mate that found it. :shock:

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
subzero said:
bosk70 said:
subzero said:

Sweet looking forward to seeing the pics, there's something cool about seeing old things from people's pasts resurfacing. Iv'e had half thoughts of trying out detecting myself over the years under the assumption i'd be finding gold all over the place, but then I realise how much of a lottery that would actually be. :lol:

You might have heard of that find though in the UK about 3 years back of that hoard of Saxon gold?, that was actually my uncle and his mate that found it. :shock:

stuff dreams are made of, I've got an old Fischer detector has discrimination so you can take iron out of the search but the new detectors are water proof (river hunting) digital display like the garrett go pro's but they are over £600, bit heavy on the cost for me at the moment maybe when i retire :) i do have fun with mine but also do get some funny looks from people but Im at the age where i don't give a $%$$ :)

subzero

Sith Lord
bosk70 said:
subzero said:
bosk70 said:

stuff dreams are made of, I've got an old Fischer detector has discrimination so you can take iron out of the search but the new detectors are water proof (river hunting) digital display like the garrett go pro's but they are over £600, bit heavy on the cost for me at the moment maybe when i retire :) i do have fun with mine but also do get some funny looks from people but Im at the age where i don't give a $%$$ :)

I'd def be worried about getting some funny looks of everyone I would haha, i'd be doing some nighttime ninja tecting to avoid the looks. :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom