Growing vintage sets & figs

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
So, back in the vintage collecting thang.
Starting with Hoth and focusing on complete vehicles with boxes - but not fussed on box condition.
I'll also look for better lose versions and mix and match/upgrade if and when - the Tauntaun here needs a bridle and the Wampa arm doesn't spring any more.
The snowspeeder a are good, one complete and working electrics, the other missing harpoon and dodgy electrics - the transporter is actually complete (minus the backpacks and gas masks) - so just need to find a box there.
Really just after an AT-AT now for Hoth and then onto maybe Endor (I tend to collect by scenes and planets for some strange reason)
Anyway - nothing rare or valuable but a nice
Start.
6EB13F12-9790-4E72-8EA1-74E8271F3E12.jpeg

Last edited:

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
The next pair have arrived.
Again, boxes seen better days but nice sets inside.
I have a Hoth base play set on the way and bids on a few things (need to press pause quickly before it gets too silly too fast )
Might be a bit before I go after the bigger sets given the relative price - boxed AT-AT's seem to have a hearty price tag…

Anyway - enjoy
A4D18471-7722-463C-BED9-4F925C17CA0E.jpeg

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
The book is amazing - and I think easy to find.

For the first time in forever… I found an IRL shop - The spacebridge in New Milton and there was real vintage toys - a few SW things, vintage and modern - a lot of transformers, including a pair of Swoops… and lots of other bits and bobs.
Picked up this X-Wing and am sure I'll be back for other things 😀
15D1B003-1B01-4DB3-8DF8-B85580B387D8.jpeg

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Nice X-Wing! That's a great book too- my son got it a couple of years ago from a local toy fair- couple of quid!

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Next item arrived and very excited as I have never owned one of these at want point, either a kid or collector.
It came from the US but worked out under 100 which seems a decent deal, needed a good hour with a soft toothbrush and some water but has come up very white and clean. Box is a bit beat up, but very serviceable
The loose figures are a worry as they might grow in numbers as I buy a few of my favourites here and there and getting some more Hoth characters to fill up the base seems highly likely.

F87792D9-BD39-4F3F-AAFE-C8BE82289E5B.jpeg

Last edited:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Always wanted this one as a kid. Looks in good nick- they tend to scrub up pretty well 👍 Managed to get lucky on a Palitoy one from ebay around 5 years ago for £14! Was missing the little roof parts though, so had to source them separately.

Top Bottom