Beware chris_1989 is a scammer aca Christopher Fox

Griff

Padawan
About 2 months ago i advertised on here for a loose A-Wing fighter. chris_1989 sends me a PM he has one for sale. I PM him back saying i am intrested and could he send me some photos and a price and give him my email address.Photos and price including shipping are sent to me have a look and tell him i will have it.he sends me is paypal address. I send him the money plus 4% to cover charges he refunds the money saying paypal are holding the money for 21 days and thats no good to him as he wants to buy some other stuff.( That should have started the alarm bells) but no i then send it to him as a gift which clears straight away and he says he will post the next day.About a week later i have still not recieved it so i email him and he says he had to go work away at short notice and it will be posted the next day so i wait another week and still no A-Wing email him again replys that it is getting on for xmas (last week in november) and not to worry it will arrive. Its now second week into December email him again asking for the tracking number says he did not send it tracked and i did not ask for it.Which was true but when he had said postage in the price i assumed it would be. He then said "If it ad not arrived by end of December he would give me a refund so i wait till yesterday email him again saying still not arrived and can i have my refund.He then emails me back and says he as been thinking about it and because i never asked for it tracked he was not going to give me a refund.You would think anybody sending something of that value would send it fully insured and track and signed for to cover both himself and me.I have done about 1500 deals on ebay and got 100% feed back isend everything track to cover both sides. also noticed the photos he sent where from a john peters so i am guessing he had them sent to him at sometime and then sent them to me the bloke is nothing but a scammer and should be well avoided
Griff

Richard_H

Grand Master
The glaring issue here is that you've assumed tracking. As you say, why would you send something of that value untracked? How much was the p+p cost? You should have insisted upon it. Also paypal gift again with a not very we known Seller?
I really hope we don't have a scam going on. Chris?

PGowdy

Grand Master
Richard_H said:
Also paypal gift again with a not very we known Seller?

Over and over and over again… :roll:

This member also tried the same **** with me. Offered me a Yak Face at a decent price but gave the same story about needing the money sent by gift or bank transfer as paypal had frozen his account.
I told him i wouldn't do that but if he sent me the item i would pay once it arrived. He didn't like that idea.
So i told him to call paypal and get his account fixed (easy enough to do) and once it was sorted to get back in touch and he could sell me the item.
He never got back to me.

I should probably have outed him here but i had no real proof that he was trying to scam me. Could have just been some idiot who can't use paypal. So i left it at that.
Also, we warn people on here about once a week not to send money by gift and you'll never get scammed.

Joe

Grand Master
I had another SWF forum member speak to me a little while ago about this issue with Chris asking for gift payments. I sent a PM to him (which he read but didn't reply to) asking him to stop and I yet again bumped the rules about paypal gift.

There is only so much we can do to safeguard members against this type of thing, if people are still going to send gifts (against their better judgement) we really can't help you out if someone turns out to be a **** scammer :(

Griff - Sorry to hear this but thanks for the heads up and hopefully nobody else is currently dealing with Chris. I would suggest that everyone steer clear of him when buying.

I will send him another PM with a link to this mess and see if he will come sort things out but if gifts have been sent and his intent was to scam people then don't expect the greatest of outcomes :(

Griff

Padawan
As long as this as some effect and stops anybody else getting scammed then i have at least acchieved something out of it.Its arseholes like him that need removing you will allways get them whatever you do
Griff.

Joe

Grand Master
If anyone is aware of Chris using other forums or can reach him quicker than I can with a PM on here then please ask him to come post a reply on this thread.

itfciain

Grand Master
The guy tried this with another chap I know on FB - the whole, I need it gift so it will clear. I told this chap that he shouldn't send it - or at least he should offer to send it after the item arrived

He is clearly a scammer, I think three instances of the same thing (this was for a VC Jawa a silly price) prove he was trying it on - just sorry someone fell for that crap

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Guys, if you must insist on using the PP Gift option, FFS only use it with people you actually know or who have been buying and selling on the forum for a long time (even then use some common sense and discretion) otherwise pay the fees yourself.

Also, if it's a high value item. Make ****ing sure the postage quote INCLUDES TRACKING+INSURANCE! It's your item so it's up to you to double check!

Griff, Sorry you're out of pocket. Hopefully Chris will come good. But, as Pete says, it's becoming far too frequent people paying with PP Gift and then complaining when they get scammed.

FFS use some common sense guys.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
https://www.facebook.com/groups/vintagestarwarsactionfigures/permalink/10152785848799806/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bountyhunterfeedback/search/?query=Fox

Joe

Grand Master
Well, judging from AJ's links - that pretty much means you can say goodbye to your money/item Griff, sorry mate.

Chris_1989 is now perm banned from here, we will keep an eye out for him signing up under new accounts in the future but please - DO NOT SEND ANYONE PAYPAL GIFT IN THE FUTURE!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Might be worth speaking to your bank as I believe they can in some cases reverse gift transactions.

plantman

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Might be worth speaking to your bank as I believe they can in some cases reverse gift transactions.

Yes they can if you show them the correspondence between you and him saying he must have gift ect your bank can reverse the charge and paypal will chase him.

also contact paypal and show them the correspondence and get them to reverse the gift payment?

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Hi Griff.

I would like to publicly apologize to you mate

i remember recommending this guy to someone on here. Was it you? If so I profesuley apologize. I got confused with chris_1989 and chris75. :oops: :oops: Too many bloody guys called Chris on here!

So sorry to read that the deal went sour. As Edd says tho I would try and contact your bank

Will be sure to be more careful in future.

Liam

PGowdy

Grand Master
plantman said:
edd_jedi said:

Yes they can if you show them the correspondence between you and him saying he must have gift ect your bank can reverse the charge and paypal will chase him.

also contact paypal and show them the correspondence and get them to reverse the gift payment?

Yes, this can be done if the payment was money going from your bank through paypal but not if you were using a paypal balance.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
That is exactly why I prefer to be called Junior Chubb, too many bloody Chris' on here. The most common baby boys name in the seventies.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom